The Official Power Rangers Dino Charge Feedback Thread

Alright.... here's where it's going to happen and here is where the Powers of Saban will be looking to hear what it is you want out of Power Rangers Dino Charge.

I know they do care about what we think... especially going into Power Rangers Dino Charge. While Power Rangers has been actually killin' it financially and in ratings.... they now also want to fight to be a show that the hardcore long time fans can also be proud of.

Lay it all out here and trust me when I say, Saban Brands will see it and are listening.

Annnnnnnnnd...... ACTION! :jam:

The Great Me
Okay so umm since Power Rangers, as it currently stands, is going back to a Dinosaur motif, I REALLY really don't want another repeat of the "teenagers with attitude" concept. Like I don't mind if they go back to high school again but please no teenagers with attitude. What I'd like to see is a concept where anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can become a Power Ranger.

Another thing to note, the source material for Dino Charge, Kyoryuger, is known for being wacky and zany but hotblood and action-heavy and the concept behind Power Rangers today is to teach kids good morals. So one cool way, dare I say, is maybe make atleast the main 5-6 members be kinda like Ziggy from RPM, as in comical but somewhat competent and let the heroes grow alongside the audience and work their up the ranks until they become true-blue Power Rangers to the core, heroic and competent and all. Plus, kids love comedy.

Anyway, to summarize things, what I'd like to see in Dino Charge is a team that isn't your typical teenagers with attitude but a team everyone can relate to and a team that grows with the audience and work their way up to being, well, teenagers with attitude.

Oh and one small request: BRING BACK JASON DAVID FRANK AS THE SILVER RANGER! I know ALOT of fans would love for him to come back as a Power Ranger. LOL I remember seeing a macro once where someone made JDF as the Silver Ranger. That was where I got this crazy and stupid idea.

EDIT; Forgot to add this: Please do something original with the show. I don't wanna see a repeat of Kyoryuger. Something original would be good.

New fight footage, both ground and megazord wise. Along with making use of the Kyoryu Navy costume + Tobaspino (under whatever names are being used for the PR production)

And use the Go-buster stuff in there somehow that shows them off well

Azzy's Geeky Galaxy
One of the big underlying themes in Kyoryuger is the power of music/melody, so I would strongly implore that Saban keep that in mind. besides, it's not every day you see Rangers transform by doing a Samba dance. ;P

Onore...
If Saban Brands is REALLY looking at this, no more shouting of the Rangers's names in the opening.

The new Tendou Souji
Don't do this:

PR Dino Red: "This is unforgivable, I'm so angry at you!"

1UcmiL0.gif

Oh and one small request: BRING BACK JASON DAVID FRANK AS THE SILVER RANGER! I know ALOT of fans would love for him to come back as a Power Ranger. LOL I remember seeing a macro once where someone made JDF as the Silver Ranger. That was where I got this crazy and stupid idea.

Oh no, please no.

Hello Saban,

Oh man, where to start...

I think the first thing that needs to be addressed is the excessive use of the words, super, mega, ultra. SuperMegaforce? Really? Acknowledging the pirate theme would have been better. I think kids these days are more mature at younger ages and don't want to be treated as babies or as stupid. Enough with those words please!

Also, try hiring people that can actually act. We don't need abercrombie models as red rangers, no one, especially kids, cares for that. You need actors that can make this ridiculous premise believable, have passion for the series and can bring it in fight scenes. That's what will elevate it in the future.

You only need to take a look at the marvel movies currently, they're finding a good balance between appealing to kids and adults, between seriousness and humour and between being dark and light-hearted. Even with the fight scenes in the show, they could be ramped up and I think that would help appeal to older audiences too. Fight scenes like those in Captain America: The Winter Soldier would do wonders for the next show and movie. I have always felt that Power Rangers, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider etc. are just as much superheroes as any Marvel or DC character. Unfortunately, the way it's currently presented, others don't see it like that. Comic book movies are the big money makers now and those characters are becoming 'mainstream' 'household' names. That's something I think should really be an inspiration to you going forward.

An even better example would be Kamen Rider Gaim, the current show in Japan. The show has a bright, colourful, silly, goofy aesthetic (at least it first appears so). I wrote that show off in the first few episodes, purely because I thought it looked lame and seemed shallow (with teen dance crews etc.) but the quality of the larger story has pulled me in. The designs and aesthetic became badass, purely because of WHAT the characters were doing. It doesn't matter if he looks like an orange samurai because he's shown he's a fighter and a hero regardless. I'm now in a state where I can't wait for the next episode to see what happens. That's something you can do too, turn things around and have that hook.

Okay here is some things that need to be improved on.

One is the writing, mostly the character writing. Mostly that the megaforce rangers barely have any. Megaforce episodes are spent in fight footage leaving no time for actual character focus. We need some actual character moments. Judd Lynn is good at this and was a apart of RPM which was very good at it. I'm not going to say get betters actors. they're fine actors, just that the dialogue is pretty bad.

Next no more "GO GO Power Rangers"!. Seriously enough with this, let's have an original theme again. The bits of the Megaforce theme that are new, sound pretty good. A lot of us are tired of it.

Stop talking during fight scenes. Having a few superhero quips is fine but don't do it excessively. Some fights have just constant talking, and the dialogue feels like filler because they're just talking.