Huh. Normally people either don't like the start where they make Ryotaro look incredibly pathetic to contrast with his later growth (coming of age series etc) or the after-the-end traffic light trilogy of movies.
[hide]Red is actually a nice epilogue for Zeronos, but obviously depends on you caring about his romance plotline. Blue features the actress who would later play detective Rinko in KR Wizard giving a heartbreaking performance as a grieving young women (further proof that she was wasted in Wizard) but it doesn't doesn't mix at all with the slapstick they included to prevent kids from getting upset. Yellow is basically a DiEnd solo movie with the Den-O crew tagging along.[/hide]I'm up-to-date on the ongoing Dynaman and Gavan subs now and catching up on Ghost and Ryukendo (it's been sat on my hard drive for ages, so the idea was to watch one episode per week along with Ghost - an idea I'm slightly regretting atm). Hopefully I'll be able to get back to watching GoGoV soon. *crosses fingers*

D

Dr Kain

I'm actually holding out on watching anymore Dynaman, Changeman, and Flashman until MFC and GUIS get at least 10 more episodes out. I stupidly watched Changeman right away when it seemed like they were doing an episode a week.

I did, however, watch the Mega vs Car movie and it was pretty mediocre. Not the worst of the VS movies, thankfully, but not very good either. The two series just don't mesh well. Also, the outcome was kind of stupid and predictable.

Yeah, I don't think I liked the end. There are some holes that don't make sense to me.

But, to be fair, it is very hard to write stories with time travel without holes. :p

See you guys later!

I did, however, watch the Mega vs Car movie and it was pretty mediocre. Not the worst of the VS movies, thankfully, but not very good either. The two series just don't mesh well. Also, the outcome was kind of stupid and predictable.
That Engrish version of the Megaranger theme! :O_O:

S

scikaiju

watched the Garo spin off movie, Bikuu a couple of days ago. It was pretty interesting. The plot wasn't given away by the trailers, always a good rging. The new characters they introduced were king of cool. Although I think somebody was watching.reading too much Game os Thrones when they were explaining the main villian a bit. And given her somewhat emotionless state in Makai no Hana and those two Retsuden episodes as a character she didn;t drag the movie down. There was enough suntleness to portray what was going on, so that was a pleasant surprise I thought. Mu only real nit pick is why during the mind fights is why Bikuu's outfit changes into this skimpy white. As a guy, visually not complaing, it's just for the amature creator in me it didn't make any sense. The only thing that made less sense was the old man's. I me it's supposed to re[resent their "true self, I think that was the line I might have to rewatch it later to make sure, but still. And for those of you that have watched Retsuden Daichi isn't that annoying here as he was in his episode. and there is a post credit scene that does leave things open fora sequel if they decide to go that way.

Speaking of, for those who watched those two episodes of Garo Makai Retsuden first, like me, and was hoping there would be something that would explain thing in at least Bikoo's episode there isn't as far as I could tell. with how the ovie ended you could make a case about why maybe but it wouldn't be much.

S

scikaiju

Just watched the Garo: Asura special, which was created in conjunction with New Japan Pro Wrestling. It features a Garo from long ago named Gouki, played by NJPW Star Hiroshi Tanahashi. Being a pro wrestler his acting is about where you'd expect it to be. If I have to be honest the woman who plyed Ren wasn't all that good either. Although another NJPW star Togi Makabe as the main villain and he's kind of entertaining in his brief appearance. It was obviously filmed against a green screen, but the painting like background they choose worked well since the premise of the special is Karou is telling a young Raiga about Gouki. Maybe not the best, but it was decent for what it was, and we get a new Garo added to the legacy.

Currently watching Go-Busters, ep 20~30. Not a big fan of Esc yet, but Jin Masato is probably my favorite "extra member" in a Sentai season so far. (he is not numerically the 6th ranger, but...)

Over the past few days...

[OT] Kamen Rider Ghost #50 (END)
[TVN] Madan Senki Ryukendo #50-52 (END)
[OT] Dōbutsu Sentai Zyuohger #31
[IS] Kyuukyuu Sentai GoGoV #21-25

As mentioned before in this thread, I was watching an episode of Ryukendo every week alongside Ghost. I find it's a good way to get rid of a 'back burner' show that would otherwise clog up my hard drive indefinitely.

So now I have to decide what to partner Ex-Aid up with. My current frontrunners are Legend of Galactic Heroes (I'm already watching it alongside Zyuohger, but it's sooo long), Kamen Rider Stronger, Winspector, or Gransazer. If anyone would like to chip in with their vote I'd be glad to hear it.

In the meantime, I have to watch more GoGoV. I've been watching this show since April and I'm only halfway through.

Last edited: