The Netflix Marvel Shows Are Now Headed For Disney+

Staff member
Disney formally announced today the shows Marvel produced in association with Netflix last decade — Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Defenders, Iron Fist, The Punisher, and Luke Cage — will be given a new home soon. The contract with Netflix expired recently, allowing cameos from its characters to show up in other projects, but it also meant the ejection of said shows from Netflix itself. The new neighborhood won’t be Hulu, but Disney+. In addition, Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD will be added on the same day.
It may not sound surprising to some, but for those who know how Disney operates, it’s a bit unexpected. The Netflix Marvel shows were all rated TV-MA with adult content. Up to this point, Disney has not allowed any movie or TV series with R or TV-MA content on Disney+. Usually, the company offloads those things to Hulu, a streamer it has a majority stake in. Hulu has a more adult audience so it makes more sense to make movies like Deadpool available there instead of Disney+. So how...

Continue reading...

In these MA Marvel shows, nothing should be censored. Because of how mature Daredevil and Punisher were, they are two of my all-time favourite television shows, so let's hope they don't eliminate anything. Daredevil is the greatest superhero show of all time! It's great to see it's back. Now is the time for them to develop new seasons for these shows! Make them a part of the MCU because they deserve to be considered canon for the Cinematic Universe. Because they are great buddies in the comics, they can include Shang-Chi in IronFist.

The only drawback was that Netflix was available in hundreds of countries. At present, Disney+ is only available in a few countries. I can imagine a legion of international admirers who will be disappointed that they will no longer be able to see it on Netflix.

Netflix is more widely available over the world. Marvel shows on Netflix are some of the best superhero shows I've ever seen. Arrowverse and Agents of Shield are nothing compared to it.