Life is showtime
I respected Benoit as a wrestler. I was sure if he kept on going, he was gonna be in the Hall of Fame some day. Instead, he murders his family and commits suicide. I lost respect for him..........WWE pulled their merchandise, TNA pulled their respect column and wikipedia deleted the section on his death.

He's in hell. I do not mourn for murderers, no matter what they achieved in their life

A murderer is a murderer, and he took two people with him. A coward's way out.

Lurker
From what I've seen and read further, I can simply vouch this to be the result of the mental strain that scheduling, family issues, steroids, and emotional turmoil that recent events and incidents have done. The man was clearly insane, gifted, but beyond help, and the simple fact he never opened up to anyone shows things have to be improved in the buisness to ensure this kind of thing does'nt happen again.

Psychiatrists, buddy system, whatever the case, more of a grip on social conduct needs to be introduced. Mental health is just as important as physical health.

A good thing hell does'nt exist, and if it does, I'll look up Benoit in Detroit.

(...What? I like Detroit.)

Yeah, WWE are absolutley right to do this, not because Benoit does'nt deserve it, but because if they kept plugging his merchandise and DVD, they will be seen as glorifiying a murderer.

REAL wrestling fans however, will never forget him. Benoit's matches were amongst the greatest in history, various wrestling students can study those matches and learn how to become masters of psychology, selling, and manuvering. Being this prepared to "forget" him shows lesser respect for the profession than the person.

Last edited:
Daaaamn a double murder and a suicide? Now I'm not much of a religious person, but don't people usually go to the 'other place' after committing 3 mortal sins(suicide being the worst)?

Still, R.I.P chris and his wife and son.

I respected Benoit as a wrestler. I was sure if he kept on going, he was gonna be in the Hall of Fame some day. Instead, he murders his family and commits suicide. I lost respect for him..........WWE pulled their merchandise, TNA pulled their respect column and wikipedia deleted the section on his death.

He's in hell. I do not mourn for murderers, no matter what they achieved in their life

A murderer is a murderer I agree but the man that killed Nancy and Daniel was not Chris Benoit.

The killer who took those two lives is the result of many, many things. There's very compelling evidence that injuries like concussions which we know Benoit suffered several of, can directly lead to serious mental illness. Not the least of which is dementia and wholesale memory loss. Go google John Mackey the hall of fame NFL tight end and look at his life after football, as an example.

Eye See You
Wade Keller of the PWTorch Newsletter is reporting the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero Sunday morning is now known.

According to one of Keller’s sources, the message said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed.

Wade Keller of the PWTorch Newsletter is reporting the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero Sunday morning is now known.

According to one of Keller’s sources, the message said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed.

that sounds about right for someone suffering from severe mental illness.

Anyway, We thought that in wwe, the Mcmahon era is over....

But we were wrong. I was wrong.
:disappoin

I agree with you, & personally I see no reason to respect him anymore, he may have done good things or things people liked during his life, but in the end he was evil & done a terrible thing. & I'm sure now he is getting what he deserves.

Lurker
Ramses has stressed that we stop bringing religious bullshit into this thread, and to seperate the performer from the man, it's sad noone can even respect that even for Benoit's family more than the performer, but this is what I was talking about, people are choosing to be sheep.