Would like to change his avatar
How much older did she need to be? Haruka, not Mikiho.

In her 20s at least? More mature looking? She looked like she was fresh out of high school, but she was supposed to be an experienced soldier. (Check out Blue Swat -- the Sara character was a better version of Sakura, and that actress was only 23 at the time.) One of Boukenger's many problems for me was that most of the cast was really miscast.

the thing about Sentai auditions now is that, you can't be older than 23 years old, but this depends what year the auditionee is born in and the current Sentai year.
Sato Rika thought she won't be able to pass the audition for Goseiger because she's the oldest of the five, being born in 1987.

Go-on Gold and Bouken Silver were over 25. The problem is just Toei wanting to grab young people on the rise so they can market more merchandise with them. But, still, Toei could cast people who at least look mature. There's been a lot of tokusatsu actors in the past who were just 22 or 23, but at least looked mature, and did a good enough job to be believable in the part. They go the opposite way now, though -- they cast 20 year olds who look 12 (like Gosei Red).

In her 20s at least? More mature looking? She looked like she was fresh out of high school, but she was supposed to be an experienced soldier. (Check out Blue Swat -- the Sara character was a better version of Sakura, and that actress was only 23 at the time.) One of Boukenger's many problems for me was that most of the cast was really miscast.

To be fair, I would've never spotted her as someone just a year older than me if this hadn't made me check. I kinda thought she was in her mid-20's. Then again, I wouldn't have pegged Kotoha as 16 until someone said it. If you want to be realistic, all of them should have been in their thirties. But Toei wasn't going to go for THAT.

Go-on Gold and Bouken Silver were over 25. The problem is just Toei wanting to grab young people on the rise so they can market more merchandise with them. But, still, Toei could cast people who at least look mature. There's been a lot of tokusatsu actors in the past who were just 22 or 23, but at least looked mature, and did a good enough job to be believable in the part. They go the opposite way now, though -- they cast 20 year olds who look 12 (like Gosei Red).

As Alata is a character who we are not meant to believe has any kind of seniority (he's not meant to be a high-up police officer, for example), the fact that he looks young isn't a drawback or a "problem". He's supposed to be an angel, beings commonly associated with purity and innocence - it actually makes a lot more sense for him to look young.

(Sorry to derail! Mikiho Niwa is the best looking of the Goseiger cast, I think, so I'm definitely going to be following this thread. :D)

Webslinger
**** YES! Just after one ep and she already has her own thread. My favorite Gosei chick :castlerock:

mone.png

"I feel... loved..."

:laugh:

If you want to be realistic, all of them should have been in their thirties. But Toei wasn't going to go for THAT.

They could have cast mature looking people, though. Like Akashi -- the actor was just 23, but didn't look too old or young, and you could still make believe and buy that he was some treasure-hunting adrenaline junkie. Like, I think the actress who played Misaki in Kabuto would have been a more believable Sakura, and she was 23. (I use her as an example since Kabuto was on the air at the same time as Bouken.)

And now watch me get yelled at for derailing the thread.

Raxbait: Hip
Yea, and Gaored was like in his late 20's (like, 28/29) when he was in Gaoranger. Was that the oldest they ever casted someone?