The Matrix Resurrection: Final Trailer

Staff member
It’s easy to forget how HUGE The Matrix was when it opened in 1999, and how no one saw it coming. R-rated sci-fi yarns tended not to do well, but within a few months Bullet Time, red and blue pills, and endless virtual racks of weaponry in a white space had all become permanent pop culture fixtures. Only one thing could kill Matrix Mania and that was a disappointing follow-up. We got two.
But Lily Wachowski has been given a chance to redeem herself with The Matrix Resurrection, featuring the return of Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, and just about everything else. The movie is due out just before Christmas; the final trailer was released today.
When we saw the previous trailer with the White Rabbit cover we thought “boy, a lot of this feels familiar.” We hadn’t seen anything yet. This one just literally uses clips from the first three movies, and shoves them against similar-looking clips from the upcoming sequel, as if to shrug and say “Why not admit it.”
We can’t say for certain...

Continue reading...

Potato sitting on a couch
This movie is a disappointment. I wasted money watching this in Theater. The best part of Matrix Resurrections is how it made me realize that nothing beats the OG. The John Wick films prove that Keanu Reeves can still execute exhilarating fast-paced action sequences. I have to put all of my blame for this film's lackluster action in the messy direction and downright appalling editing. I guess we know which of the two Wachoski's edited all the fights in the original trilogy. They could've explored so many stories, but they wasted everything for this bland direction. I have high expectations, and I expected them to blow my mind. I don't understand this fascination with retelling the same stories inferiorly when you could mine the canon for new and exciting stories while still keeping the brand recognition and fanbase.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
Frankly, IMHO, the only reason the Matrix movies became so popular is because someone was smart enough to cast Keanu Reeves as Neo / Mr. Anderson. This guy had a huge fan base BEFORE Matrix. I've been following him ever since I saw him in a Paula Abdul music video!

Would you believe the part was offered to actors like Will Smith, Brad Pitt, and Leonardo DiCaprio? YUK!! I am so glad they turned down the role! Keanu Reeves is the only reason I watched any of the Matrix movies.