The Matchmakers: Viki Original Historical KDrama Series

Administrator
<p>Shim Jung-woo is a Confucian scholar who scored the highest on the civil service exams. The king would been pleased if he could put this young man’s intellect and skills to good use. But the leader of a corrupt political party, his father, arranged for him to be married to the princess. On the day of the wedding, the princess dropped dead. He became a widower before he could even consummate the marriage.</p>

Heaven is a Place on earth, Korea
Oh, "The Matchmakers"! It's like a feast for the drama connoisseur's soul. The intricate web of political drama, forbidden love, and mysterious crimes has me hooked. And those sub-plots, they're like hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Ro Woon and Cho Yi-hyun's chemistry is undeniable, making it a must-watch. Can't wait for more unexpected turns!

Gucci Enthusiast
I'm a sucker for a good love story, and "The Matchmakers" delivers! The whole widower meets widow turned matchmakers scenario is just heartwarming. But the real magic lies in the layers of complexity—love battling against political intrigue and societal norms. It's like a rollercoaster of emotions, and I'm here for every twist and turn. Bring on the love against all odds!

"The Matchmakers" is a masterclass in storytelling. The clever use of political turmoil as a backdrop to a love story adds depth. Shim Jung-woo's quest for annulling his marriage weaves seamlessly into the broader narrative. The strategic matchmaking plot device is brilliant—simple yet full of potential complications. Kudos to the writers for creating such a well-crafted series. As a history enthusiast, "The Matchmakers" hits the sweet spot for me. Joseon-era intricacies blended with forbidden love and political machinations make it a historical drama lover's dream. The attention to detail in depicting the societal constraints of that time is commendable. And who could resist learning about Ssangyeonsulsa, the goddess of matchmaking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so we've got political schemes, forbidden love, and a dash of crime—sounds like a recipe for chaos. But hey, the skeptic in me is intrigued. Can a mere matchmaker duo really change the fate of the crown prince and thwart corrupt politicians? I'll reserve judgment until the finale. It could be a wild ride or a letdown.

Murders, political power plays, and matchmaking – now that's my kind of mix! "The Matchmakers" has this unique blend that keeps you guessing. The subplots connecting crimes to political schemes? Genius. I'm all in for the suspense. It's not just about love; it's about solving a puzzle with each episode. A thrilling watch for any mystery aficionado.

Riding Both sides
I'm not usually into historical dramas, but "The Matchmakers" caught my attention. However, the whole matchmaking premise seemed a bit cliché at first. Yet, as the story unfolded, the twists and political intrigues made it intriguing. Still, I'm not fully convinced—it needs more substance to keep me hooked.

Can we take a moment to appreciate the wardrobe in "The Matchmakers"? The costumes were not only historically accurate but also stunning. I found myself captivated not just by the storyline but also by the visual feast of traditional attire. Fashion enthusiasts, this one's a treat for your eyes!

What drew me in was the unexpected family dynamics in "The Matchmakers." It's not just about romance and political intrigue but also about familial relationships and obligations. The struggles faced by the characters in balancing personal desires with family expectations added a layer of relatability. A nice touch for those who enjoy a good family drama.Forget the main story; the side plots in "The Matchmakers" are the real gems! The blend of murder mysteries and political conspiracies kept me guessing. I found myself more invested in the sub-stories than the central romance. If you're a fan of intricate side plots that steal the spotlight, this K-drama has you covered.

Blondes have more Puns
Watching "The Matchmakers" felt like stepping into a time machine. The attention to historical details not only in visuals but also in the dialogue made me wish for a time-traveling adventure. If you've ever fantasized about living in a different era, this drama is a nostalgic journey that brings history to life.