boogie woogie feng shui
That dude Keno from Ninja Turtles II was cool in Surf Ninjas.

Ernie Reyes Junior. Too bad he hasn't really done anything noteable other than Donatello's stuntwork in the first Ninja Turtles movie. His last movie, "Ultimate Fight" was a piece of ****, to put it bluntly, and putting his padre in it only made it stink worse than 9 pounds of rotting meat in the afternoon.

I watched Shaolin soccer the other day. It was...interesting.

I think it's hysterical, but unless you're familiar with Chow's previous work, you're not as apt to appreciate the humor (kind of like Takeshi Miike's films, except not the same kind of humor). A lot of is either in-jokes from previous films or Cantonese humor that doesn't translate unless you speak the language.

For those of you who are thinking of going to see Kung Fu Hustle, please do. It's magically delicious.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
DragonfighterX said:
Haha. Best ninja movie ever? Shinobi no Mono? Owl's Castle? No! It's Surf Ninjas! Hahaha. I used to love that movie as a kid.

It did rule. :)

I love all the fight scenes were 20-40 year old martial arts stuntmen have to job to 12 year olds.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Forever Knight said:
That dude Keno from Ninja Turtles II was cool in Surf Ninjas.

Yep. It's Ernie Reyes Jr. Heehee.

Oh and American Ninja sucked.

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
DragonfighterX said:
Haha. Best ninja movie ever? Shinobi no Mono? Owl's Castle? No! It's Surf Ninjas! Hahaha. I used to love that movie as a kid.
HAHAHAHa!!! Oh man, that movie kicked so much ass! "I went into a knife shop one day. I laid out $500 and asked if I could buy a knife. You know what the guy said to me: Money can't buy knives". Rob Schneider was just soo great in that movie. Oh, and Ernie Reyes Jr. kicks ass as well! Watch him in "The Rundown".

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
DragonfighterX said:
Ernie Reyes Junior. Too bad he hasn't really done anything noteable other than Donatello's stuntwork in the first Ninja Turtles movie. His last movie, "Ultimate Fight" was a piece of ****, to put it bluntly, and putting his padre in it only made it stink worse than 9 pounds of rotting meat in the afternoon.
Let's not forget "The Rundown"....

DragonfighterX said:
I think it's hysterical, but unless you're familiar with Chow's previous work, you're not as apt to appreciate the humor (kind of like Takeshi Miike's films, except not the same kind of humor). A lot of is either in-jokes from previous films or Cantonese humor that doesn't translate unless you speak the language.

For those of you who are thinking of going to see Kung Fu Hustle, please do. It's magically delicious.
I'm actually seeing the midnight screening for that movie. I loved Shaolin Soccer, and after watching that, I went to find some more movies by Stephen Chow. He's an awesome director.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Misfits923 said:
I'm actually seeing the midnight screening for that movie. I loved Shaolin Soccer, and after watching that, I went to find some more movies by Stephen Chow. He's an awesome director.

Finally!!! You've mentioned Shaolin Soccer!! That movie was excellent and it was pretty hiliarous. Original version was so much better than crappy edited version.

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
Oh yeah. When I first saw it, I chose the original, because I don't like it when we have to cut down movies(like they did w/ Ong Bak).

boogie woogie feng shui
Let's not forget "The Rundown"....

Believe it or not, Reyes was doubled for several moves during that fight (what part of "butterfly twist" don't you understand, Ernie?), but I think that fight was pretty lame anyway. I'm not a big fan of fights that feature "trickbusting" predominately (I mean... it's not fighting!), so this really didn't do it for me.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Misfits923 said:
Oh yeah. When I first saw it, I chose the original, because I don't like it when we have to cut down movies(like they did w/ Ong Bak).

Ong Bak was cut down in America? Damn, good thing I've got a Thai DVD rip of it. And a Chinese DVD version of Shaolin Soccer and Hero.