The Little Mermaid (2023) - News, Compliments and Criticisms

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Little Mermaid (2023)

Tagline: Watch and you'll see, some day I'll be, part of your world!

Genre: Adventure, Family, Fantasy, Romance

Director: Rob Marshall

Cast: Halle Bailey, Jonah Hauer-King, Daveed Diggs, Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay, Noma Dumezweni, Javier Bardem, Melissa McCarthy, Art Malik, Jessica Alexander, Emily Coates, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jude Akuwudike, Russell Balogh, Adrian Christopher, Simone Ashley, Martina Laird, John Dagleish, Sienna King, Karolina Conchet, David Stokes, Craig Stein

Release: 2023-05-18

Runtime: 135

Plot: The youngest of King Triton’s daughters, and the most defiant, Ariel longs to find out more about the world beyond the sea, and while visiting the surface, falls for the dashing Prince Eric. With mermaids forbidden to interact with humans, Ariel makes a deal with the evil sea witch, Ursula, which gives her a chance to experience life on land, but ultimately places her life – and her father’s crown – in jeopardy.

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is for news, rumors, criticisms and compliments for The Little Mermaid. Don't be a jerk.

They removed two songs from this film , Les Poissons and Daughters of Triton are gone.

The Little Mermaid didn't quite live up to my expectations. While Halle Bailey did a commendable job as Ariel, I felt that the changes made to the story took away from the original charm. It lacked the spark that made the animated version so memorable.It didn't quite live up to the hype for me. The changes made to the story felt forced, and I didn't feel as emotionally connected to the characters as I did with the animated version. The color grading is so bad, The lighting so dark I can barely see the underwater scenes and the night scene. They should have used a brighter filter instead of the dark filters used for horror movies.

Glowing
The Little Mermaid was a delightful movie to watch! Halle Bailey was the perfect choice for Ariel, and the chemistry between the cast was evident on screen. I can't wait to see more live-action remakes from Disney.

Halle Bailey's performance was impressive, and she brought the innocence Ariel have from the animated series. Mellissa Mcarthy's Ursula though have bad make up.

Sparkling Joy
I'm kinda confused too about what's going on with The Little Mermaid at the box office. Some news sources say it's the number one film, while others say it's a flop. It's like they can't agree on the truth!

I think it's important to remember that box office success depends on a lot of stuff, like how much money the movie made, what people think of it, and how it did internationally. So, some sources might focus on how the movie didn't do so well in other countries, and that's why they call it a flop. But there are other sources that talk about how people really liked Halle Bailey's performance as Ariel and how it captured that special Disney magic.

Honestly, it's hard to know for sure which one is true. I guess we gotta look at the numbers and how The Little Mermaid compares to other Disney remakes. It's cool to read different sources and get different opinions, but in the end, you can decide for yourself what you think about the movie.

I watched The Little Mermaid, and while it had its flaws, I appreciated the efforts put into the underwater effects and creature animation. Halle Bailey's performance was solid, and the movie had its moments.

There's Plastic tree
I'm really disappointed to hear that some Chinese audiences are expressing resistance towards black actors in The Little Mermaid. Diversity and representation in films are crucial, and it's disheartening to see such closed-mindedness. We should be celebrating inclusivity and embracing different perspectives. Hopefully, this can be a learning experience for everyone involved and lead to more positive changes in the future.

Champion de la propreté
There is a Myth Chinese audience hates Black actors not true. Spiderman Across the Universe is number one in China. Black Panther did well in China. What they don't like is race bending. They do not like character's ethnicity for the sake of diversity. Make original characters if they want diversity. Look at Encanto, It did well.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database