The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review (Wii U)

Administrator
Staff member
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is incredibly well done. The graphics are awe-inspiring and the gameplay offers a solid and reliable experience. Breath of the Wild doesn’t give you enough opportunities to grow emotionally attached to the characters vital to story progression, but it does do a fantastic job of otherwise achieving the illusion that Link exists in a living, breathing, and fully realized world. This review contains some minor spoilers starting now.

In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Link awakens in a chamber, clad in nothing but his skivvies. He’s been brought back to a post-apocalyptic Hyrule to fight and win the battle against Calamity Ganon he was sorely unprepared for 100 years prior. Without any memories of his previous life, Link must find armor, weapons, gather supplies, make new friends, find old ones and piece together how Hyrule was overtaken and what he must do to restore it.
If there’s one complaint about the main storyline it’s that the...

Continue reading...

6th Ranger
One of the best Zelda Games I had ever played since Ocarina of time. I feel like I am immersing myself into an animated Painting.

Its amazing how far games had come. Remember when Legend of Zelda are only Pixels and we as kids were fascinated with that technological limit because its the first time we get a visual adventure we can control.