The Last of Us, Season 1 Finale Review - Look for the Light

Scoopin Ice Cream since Demogorgons invade Hawkins
I am going to miss this show. I wish Season 2 will be midquel but Neil Druckman just announce Season 2 will be an adaptation of Part 2. The ever hated polarizing Part 2. Geez they will have to work hard to make Abby likable.

Emergency, Dekaranger!
According to Marlene, the doctor thinks that taking out the cordyceps from Ellie could lead to a cure, but this would mean killing the only known immune person for something that is not guaranteed. Additionally, they are not being transparent with Ellie and assuming that she would consent to the procedure without informing her. This recklessness reveals their desperation and lack of a solid plan. Entrusting Ellie's life to them would be a grave mistake.

Ashley Johnson's performance in the limited screen time she had was exceptional, even compared to the great performances of Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey. Her delivery of the line "her name is Ellie" was both powerful and heart-wrenching, conveying a great deal of emotion. Johnson is a talented actress who deserves more recognition and opportunities to showcase her skills on the big screen. She proves she is more than a voice actress, she is meant to be on screen too. HBO's adaptation deserves praise for its exceptional execution, serving as a model for other studios and writers. They were able to introduce new elements, such as Ellie's birth, while maintaining the original story's integrity and character development. The success of their adaptation should encourage others to take notes and strive for similar quality

Ada Finally Waited!
I wish Resident Evil got an adaptation as good as this, it always ends up in the wrong hands of writers and producers using their creative liberties to force their fanfiction self inserts and destroy the characters I loved. TLOUS shows love and respect to the characters.

I am the Omega
Whoa, I gotta say, that was a real shocker! This is one of the most complex moral dilemmas I've ever witnessed. It's a tough call to make, saving someone who you only view as a replacement for a lost loved one over the entire human race, who you'll never even cross paths with. He was afraid that she would make the selfless decision to sacrifice herself and leave him, so he made the call for her. But in doing so, he's forever changed their relationship. It was a fleeting moment of genuine tenderness and sweetness, but now it's built on a falsehood. You can see in her eyes that she doesn't fully believe him and senses that something's not quite right.

Will win againts the Entity
Hold on to your hats, folks, because this is how you freaking do a video game adaptation! This story is a thing of absolute beauty. The writing is top-notch, the casting is spot-on, the directing is out of this world, and the practical effects are just mind-blowing. Unlike so many other video game adaptations that try to alter the very essence of what made the game great, The Last of Us stays true to the core of the game while still making changes that are essential for the medium or that were creative choices that just worked perfectly for the show. I want to personally thank every single member of the team who poured their hearts and souls into bringing this incredible story to life. You guys have truly outdone yourselves!

Ugh, I can't even express how shocked I was by this chapter. Like, seriously? The actress who plays Ellie's mom in real life is also the same one who plays Ellie in both games. And that part with the giraffe is only in the game? So unfair! And the series ending with Ellie asking Joel that question is just so intense. But now, all the fans are like, "We don't even want a second season!" because they know what happens to Joel in the second game. And even though Neil Druckmann said it might change something, that part is just inevitable. It's so frustrating! I hate Abby and she is coming.

Stupid Manthing
The trauma from the previous chapter with the rapist caused Ellie's attitude to shift. However, upon seeing the giraffes, she regained her normal attitude and began to trust Joel again. Although Ellie knows Joel is lying to her, she trusts him and believes he has a good reason for doing so. Eventually, she will likely want to learn the truth.

Joel's motivations were driven by his love for Ellie and the trauma of losing another daughter. Killing Ellie would not guarantee a cure, especially since she is the only known immune subject. Therefore, Joel chose a safer and more logical approach. He killed Marlene and the Fireflies with no remorse.

Mushroom Kingdom Expert
The series is a 10/10 on all levels. Hopefully, it will serve as a foundation for future adaptations of games/books/etc., and studios will finally understand that if the original material is excellent, the best approach is to adapt it to the medium while RESPECTING the essence, truly involving the creators (not just giving them a check to shut them up and avoid trouble), and working with talented people, instead of just taking a name and a few things and making a terrible adaptation that has nothing to do with the original because the producers think they are very clever. Yes I am talking to you Capcom and your habit of letting your IPs fall in the hands of people who are not fans,