The Last of Us, Season 1 Finale Review - Look for the Light

<p>The season finale of The Last Of Us on HBO Max races to the finish line in an erratic and unsettling way that seems to encapsulate the style of the series as a whole. Feeling like a checklist of plot points that the show runners forgot to cover in the previous 8 episodes, this brisk 44 minute episode did manage to stir up some feelings.</p>

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
This episode is so heavy, Pedro Pascal better win an Emmy because this is acting masterclass. I am crying to when He calls Ellie Baby Girl, he finally see her as his daughter and he do not want to lose another daughter.

The High Flyin Birdman
While I respect the author's opinion, I think they are overly harsh in their criticism of the "Jurassic Park moment" with the giraffe. I found this scene to be a beautiful and poignant moment of hope and wonder in a world that is otherwise so bleak and dark. The fact that it was followed by such a tragic turn of events only made the scene more impactful for me.

Fluxactive Complete
Joel do not want to lose a daughter again. I saw Joel willing to do anything to make Ellie smile, even if only for a moment. He seems to have no other choice but to save Ellie at any cost, and I think that's the decision every parent makes for their children. I am conflicted about his decision to kill Marlene because he will have to answer to Ellie for it, but I fully agreed with him ensuring that she was dead. I notice they make a change, Joel is more merciful to the nurses. When I was playing the game I killed them.

I am Alive!
The woman who plays Ellie's mom sounded like Ellie from the game.... Then I realize it is Ashley Johnson! Ellie's voice actress from the game! This proves voice actors are talented, Glad to see Ashley acting on screen.

Finally they reveal why Ellie is immune!The explanation of why Ellie is immune makes sense, and the chapter had many bitter moments, but I was glad that Joel and Ellie ended up together. I believe that Ellie chooses to believe Joel because she loves him and prefers to trust him and stay by his side rather than think something terrible about him. As children, we are a bit like that too.

This is a great series, and I'm not ready for what might happen in the second season because that golf enthusiast will make her debut. The first season couldn't have ended any better; Joel's character development was impressive as he changed from being serious to being affectionate towards Ellie. It was also heartwarming to see Ellie accepting Joel's lie. She fully given him her trust even though he did something wrong to save her.

Season 2? I am going to feel bad for the actress who is going to play her:
39d7805729a61a3a8ad34a5d6f40ecda.jpg

She better turn off all of her social media.

If I were in Joel's shoes, I would have made the same decision without hesitation. The series has shown us that while the infected pose a grave threat, they are not the true enemy. It's the twisted and desperate measures humanity has resorted to that are the real issue. It's clear that there's no cure that can save us from this predicament, and even if there were, there's no guarantee it would work. We must fight for what's tangible and real. Joel and Ellie have been given a chance to start anew, and we should embrace it with all our hearts.