The Last of Us, Episode 8 Review

Dogma of the Dragons
Loved first Season in totality but I am so nervous for Season 2. I hope they will make it a midquel before part 2 so we will see more of Ellie and Joel.

If the previous episode seemed like filler but had a lovely backstory for Ellie, this is where things get intense. There is movement, conflict, and outright violence here. Joel is now free to continue caring for Ellie after brutally killing the cannibal David in full psycho killer mode.The final episode will either be fantastic and end on a high note, or it will be the most contentious, as Bella Ramsey predicted. To make matters worse, it will be broadcast on the same day as the Academy Awards. In any case, I'm hoping Sunday doesn't disappoint.

There's Plastic tree
There is only one more episode before the season is over, and they have all been fantastic. I like Ellie because she is a character who does everything in her power to defend herself and has won Joel's heart. It makes me think of the excitement I experienced while watching The Walking Dead and Black Summer.

Oi Oi Oi
Just found out that the actor who plays James in this episode is Troy Baker, he is Joel's voice in the videogame. From the main character he got demoted into a villain but its nice that he makes a cameo on this show.

The Mug Collector
I expected it to be a mediocre series, but I was mistaken. They release this episode just when I thought there was nothing new. It should take home a slew of Emmys and Golden Globes.

Please don't hate me but I think this show is just okay. For sure it is good for a videogame adaptation knowing all the garbage we have in the past but the game is better.

Investing my way to success
I don't know about you guys, but I think that maybe, just maybe, the crying girl at the beginning of the chapter could be Abby, but with the story completely changed. A curious fact is that David was mentioned to be a teacher before the apocalypse, and when he fights with Ellie, he says he likes it when they resist, which could mean that in his past as a teacher, he abused his female students.

Tower Climber
The revelation of David's true nature was quite shocking. Cannibalism? What about child brides? It's almost unbearably painful. But I have to give the writers credit for going there and making the show that much more compelling as a result.

The fact that Ellie was eventually able to save herself was such a satisfying ending to the episode. It speaks to her character's strength and resourcefulness, in my opinion. I can't wait to see how it all comes together in the finale.