The Last of Us, Episode 6 Review

<p>If there’s one thing The Last Of Us knows how to do, it’s upset me. It’s not too violent or too vulgar, too boring or too predictable. Perhaps it’s just too…unconventional? Episode 6 of The Last Of Us was possibly the most jarring bit of television of I’ve seen.</p>

: Master of the Sea
I don't mind this episode at all, after all violence and tragedy. This episode gave Joel and Ellie a chance for normalcy.

So delighted to see that the TV adaptation of this video game is receiving positive feedback from viewers who are genuinely enjoying it. It's wonderful to hear them say things like, "this is really good," without any caveats like "for a video game adaptation." The acting in the series has been consistently good, but this latest episode was truly outstanding. I used to have reservations about Bella Ramsey's performance, but she blew me away with her exceptional acting skills in this particular chapter. Although Joel's cutting rejection of Ellie, declaring she's not his daughter and he's not her father, wasn't mentioned, I was still thoroughly impressed with the striking presentation of this episode, featuring the snowy mountains. Moreover, Gabriel Luna's subtle portrayal of Joel's brother was a real standout. Overall, there's so much to praise in this episode, making it an incredibly enjoyable experience from start to finish.

My style's all Brit and the Yanks can't nic,
I dig how they're makin' Joel on TV more relatable, y'know? Showin' his fear and panic attacks, like any regular person would. It's especially fitting as he grows closer to Ellie and she's like a daughter to him. In the games, Joel had to be a tough guy, so we only got a small taste of this. But on the telly, it's more authentic and gritty. It's givin' me flashbacks to Bill and Frank, man. This show is blowin' my mind.

Future Squid Game winner
This episode was absolute flames! The scrievin', the camera work, the actin' - they were aw top notch. Oot o' aw the episodes this season, this yin takes the biscuit fur me. Dinnae get me wrang, I've been lovin' every single minute o' this show, but this episode was off the scale. TLOU is definitely yin o' the best shows I've seen in donkey's years.

Hope Season 2 wont be an adaptation of Part II, I want it to be a prequel of part 2, so we can get more adventures of Joel and Ellie before Abby ruins everything.

I've been keeping tabs on this series and I gotta say, it's a real flop. People are struggling to find anything good about it, but it's just not delivering. The first episode got everyone hyped up, but now it's a real yawn-fest, just like The Walking Dead in its final seasons. I even nodded off halfway through an episode! But hey, I'm still hoping it'll get better...we'll see.

I completely understand your feelings, Adam. The Last of Us has always been known for its unconventional storytelling, and it seems like episode 6 is no exception. It's a shame that the addition of Henry and Sam didn't pan out the way you expected, but I'm curious to see if their fate will be revealed in a future episode. The show needs more action again because these "slice of life" episodes are boring.

Meme Master
I have to disagree with you on your assessment of the episode. I thought it was brilliant in its unconventional approach and shattered expectations. The lack of Henry and Sam actually added to the intrigue and mystery of the story. This episode shows the humanity left on them.

Chronicle Knight
Joel is wicked struggling' with PTSD, you know? He can't seem to deal with losing' stuff lately. He sees Ellie as his own kid and he's wicked protective of her. And Tommy, it's like they're friggin' brothers from anotha motha, even though they ain't related at all. Their bond is just so natural. That scene where Joel opens up about losing' his daughter Sarah, and how Ellie reminds him of her so much that he can't help but bawl his eyes out - it just really hit me hard. I had tears streaming' down my face watching' that episode.