The Last of Us, Episode 5 Review - Endure and Survive

<p>The experience of watching The Last Of Us thus far has been a bit frustrating. Some episodes have challenged my expectations in wonderful ways, while others have fallen below the designation of prestige television that has been attached to the HBO Max series. The 5th episode continues the trend of pulling me back from the brink of boredom, by delivering an exciting, complicated story with unexpected twists.</p>

Stupid Manthing
I played the original Game and I remember that Sam is not as young on tv. He is almost Ellie's age in the game. He was even hinted to be a possible love interest. We all know Ellie is Gay but that is after the release of the dlc. I remember they decided to make Ellie Lesbian because the actress she is inspired from came out as a lesbian. i am talking about Elliot Paige. During his Juno Days, He looks like Ellie. For sure he wont look like anymore since he came out as trans and now transitions to a man. But yeah they made Ellie lesbian after the game's release after Elliot's coming out.

Yeah they made Sam younger so it will be a brother and sister bond and people will forget about that shipping.

Honestly, I wasn't really feeling this episode. I mean, come on, Henry and Sam's story got rushed into just one episode, which left me feeling like I got ripped off. Those dudes were important to Joel and Ellie, and they deserved more than just one crazy night on the run.

And let's talk about Kathleen and her crew. I don't know about you, but I didn't really care about them. They were way less interesting than the Hunters from the game.

Wazzup!!!
This is the Most Brutal Episode I had seen because of all the zombies and we get to see another child death after Sarah.

The relationship between Ellie and Sam was really well-written and acted. It felt genuine and it was the highlight of the episode.
I didn't like how the infected were absent in the previous episode, and I'm glad they made a comeback in this episode. They add an extra layer of tension and danger to the story.

Go getter
I totally agree! The Last of Us is seriously killing it as a TV show. This latest episode just solidifies how amazing it really is. The writing, acting, and direction are all on point - it's clear they're putting a lot of effort into making this show the best it can be.

And I love how they're adapting the video game into a TV show. They're staying true to the source material, but also making smart changes that work for the medium. Adding in Sam's deafness is a perfect example of that. It just adds another layer to the story and makes it even more interesting. I can't wait to see what they do next!

Replace the S with N
Henry reminds me a lot of my Big brother who is always protective of me, he is more of my parent than my mom and dad.

I wanted to share my thoughts on the latest episode of the show. While I liked the scene where Kathleen opened up to Perry, I felt like the writers were hitting us over the head a bit in trying to make her seem sympathetic. On the other hand, I thought the performances were amazing! Lamar Johnson and Bella Ramsey were especially great and they really made the characters come alive.