The Last of Us, Episode 4 Review - Please Hold to My Hand

<p>Coming off the creative achievement of the amazing third episode of The Last Of Us, it was inevitable that the fourth installment of “The Adventures of Joel & Ellie” would have a hard time achieving the same artistic high note of its predecessor. Having established now that the series can detour completely into poignant, self-contained storytelling, would they simply return to tales from the road to en route to rescue Joel’s brother, Tommy? As it turns out, yes.</p>

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
Yeah you are being harsh because it is the best videogame adaptation at this moment. Compare this to the adaptations of Resident Evil, Silent Hill and all those failed videogame adaptation. At least Joel and Ellie are the lead and not some OG character played by Milla Jocovich.

I really don't like Kathleen. Her behavior can be extremely annoying and I can't wait for her to be feasted on by the Mushroom people.

Executioner
I disagree with the author's view on the fourth episode of The Last of Us. I thought the episode was just as good, if not better, than the previous ones. The dynamics between Joel and Ellie are what makes the show so captivating, and their interactions in this episode were spot on. The storyline also kept me on the edge of my seat even though I already knew the whole story for playing the game for over 10 years.

I must say, The Last of Us is a huge improvement from all the other video game adaptations out there. The show manages to keep true to the spirit of the game while also adding its own unique twists and turns.

'm really not looking forward to Abby showing up in Season 2. The Last of Us is all about the charming, endearing relationship between Joel and Ellie, and bringing in another character could completely disrupt that. I don't want to see that dynamic get ruined by the most hated character

Tower Climber
Something I notice, I observed is that Joel always hesitates before reassuring Ellie with phrases such as "nobody's going to find us" or "we're going to get out of this". This behavior dates back to episode one when she says "you know where to go... so we're going to be okay" and Joel takes a while to respond with "Yeah".Ah, Joel had made a promise to Sarah in that inaugural episode that they would be fine, and that weight has been burdening him for two decades. And when he assured Ellie that no one would find them in the woods, he felt compelled to stay up and stand guard. Pedro truly nailed the portrayal of this in Joel's facial expressions and way of talking.

Kay

I'm extremely irritated by the excessive "filler" chatter. It's a shame that people are so impatient nowadays. If every scene is jam-packed with intense, high-stakes drama, it eventually loses its effectiveness. Although episodes like this rarely make it onto anyone's "top ten" list, they are crucial for character development and world-building. They help to ensure that the truly significant moments have the desired impact.

Master explorer
I know everyone had been praising this show and its good but this episode is a filler. A waste of space.

Keep calm and carry on
Hey, in my opinion, episode 4 serves as a bridge to the main story rather than being the main story itself. Although it doesn't have all the important plot elements, it does give you crucial information that helps you understand and emotionally connect with the main story. From what I can sense, episode 5 is going to be an intense and emotionally charged experience, and episode 4 has laid the groundwork for this to happen. I have to admit that I'm not familiar with the game and have no prior knowledge of the story, so this is purely based on my speculation from the episode's structure and pacing. All in all, episode 4 is an important stepping stone in the narrative and sets the stage for what's to come.