If only the American Box Office counts, what about that Dragonball Evolution sequel that was said to be happening?

There's also Chronicles of Riddick getting the greenlight off of Pitch Black's strong home video sales, and merchandising such as novelizations, video game tie-ins and comic book adaptations that also contribute.

Not saying it's guaranteed but it is possible to under perform at the box office and still get a sequel greenlight.

Last edited:
If only the American Box Office counts, what about that Dragonball Evolution sequel that was said to be happening?

There's also Chronicles of Riddick getting the greenlight off of Pitch Black's strong home video sales, and merchandising such as novelizations, video game tie-ins and comic book adaptations that also contribute.

Not saying it's guaranteed but it is possible to under perform at the box office and still get a sequel greenlight.

I know that could be possible , but the backlash might make the merchandise ,the home video and other stuff a very difficult sell, it might not even sell at all and become a bargain bin. After Godzilla 1998, toys from it gathered dust for some time, I even saw a few in 2001 at a KBToys. The video game looks like **** quite bluntly compared to the Avatar games that came out before and that's horrible. The only good thing were the mangas, but even they were flawed to an extent.

We haven't heard much of a sequel for Dragonball Evolution since last year or even at this year's Comic Con which would be the likeliest event to showcase it. For all we know they are probably going to wait out the storm and test the waters for a reboot , that or lose the rights and go to another studio altogether.

After all this backlash and hate, they will just wait and reboot it.

A simple passerby...
To avoid the long quote and cutting it short:

First: My sister's 21, studies in the university of Manchester. She takes literature classes and she doesn't seem to have a problem with whatever was going on. I still don't get how she didn't get Inception. Took me one watch.

Second: Our society isn't stressful. We've always been like this waaay before the whole political **** they keep throwing at us which is really a guy who already got kicked out of the country and is still trying to get back in even if no one wants him. It's just stupid really. Then he goes ahead and pays a bunch of people to protest just cause he has money. Politics aside now.

Third: You are kinda over exaggerating here. The movie wasn't "ALL" narration. It showed a lot. The only lines I remember that were narrating was the beginning, the part when Sokka was showed to think he was being followed, and then the part when Sokka and the Princess became friends. That's three, actually two if you don't count the narration in the beginning which was just an introduction. If you think that cuts out all the things YOU wanted to see, then yeah, throw in that whole "He cut 75% of the adventure" thing in again. As far as I see, most movies that had adventures cuts them. Why? Who wants to see a bunch of guys walking for about 30 minutes and a guy following them here and there until they finally run into a fuckin trap? You don't want to bore the **** out of everyone. If you're only concerned about there not being an adventure and all the things happening before the main storyline kicks in then you kinda fail. You can't bang all the subplots into one freakin movie. I think the director executed in the best way possible: to ignore the adventure and get on with the story, because at the end of the day, the summary everyone's gonna give is the story that was seen on the movie, not go on and explain the entire adventure to them.

And yes, it is kinda long. Sorry for that.

To avoid the long quote and cutting it short:

First: My sister's 21, studies in the university of Manchester. She takes literature classes and she doesn't seem to have a problem with whatever was going on. I still don't get how she didn't get Inception. Took me one watch.

Second: Our society isn't stressful. We've always been like this waaay before the whole political **** they keep throwing at us which is really a guy who already got kicked out of the country and is still trying to get back in even if no one wants him. It's just stupid really. Then he goes ahead and pays a bunch of people to protest just cause he has money. Politics aside now.

Third: You are kinda over exaggerating here. The movie wasn't "ALL" narration. It showed a lot. The only lines I remember that were narrating was the beginning, the part when Sokka was showed to think he was being followed, and then the part when Sokka and the Princess became friends. That's three, actually two if you don't count the narration in the beginning which was just an introduction. If you think that cuts out all the things YOU wanted to see, then yeah, throw in that whole "He cut 75% of the adventure" thing in again. As far as I see, most movies that had adventures cuts them. Why? Who wants to see a bunch of guys walking for about 30 minutes and a guy following them here and there until they finally run into a fuckin trap? You don't want to bore the **** out of everyone. If you're only concerned about there not being an adventure and all the things happening before the main storyline kicks in then you kinda fail. You can't bang all the subplots into one freakin movie. I think the director executed in the best way possible: to ignore the adventure and get on with the story, because at the end of the day, the summary everyone's gonna give is the story that was seen on the movie, not go on and explain the entire adventure to them.

And yes, it is kinda long. Sorry for that.

1. I assumed your sister was much younger, so I apologize. Inception was kinda difficult to get , but i pretty much got it by the end.

2.The way the damn media portrays the whole politics in Thailand made it look far more dramatic than it really is . :redface2:

3. It was not just the things I wanted to see ,it was the fact that I was puzzled Shyamalan cut half of what was in his original script (and its' novelization) which would've gave the film justice. I read the novelization prior and the script , and from what i heard , they were all filmed including the Kyoshi Warriors .

Him cutting them and the so-called "comedy scenes" really drained the film of plot and character development, plus making Katara into a weak-ass despite having weeks upon weeks of training made her less credible. I wished she got killed by that Air Blast from hitting the iceberg since she did absolutely nothing to the plot as most of her great lines were deleted and or given to Aang, erasing the strongest female character in the whole series. If felt like only Sokka and Aang were the only ones there .

Zuko and Iroh were the best parts of the film but even Zuko was underdeveloped . I hated how they shoved Azula in the last second when the other ending was far better. About Ozai, those scenes in the room were horrendous and looked under budget like the Spirit World looked like a narrow backyard.

Now about the adventure. I meant the sense of adventure was taken from the film. It should've felt dazzling whenever they went to a new place not just a slideshow. This is where M. Night should've just left the original rough cut of the film alone. The development in the original cut (novelization is based from ) was far better than the finalized cut. Finally , The bending scenes felt tacked on and too slow paced for my liking, plus the whole Firebenders need a source leaves a giant hole in the plot. Are people that damn stupid that they couldn't just put out the flame and kick the FN's ass right then and there? That Earth Kingdom prison was a joke , no questions asked., as it made more sense since they were on a ship. Another reason why this film sucks , it feels like they rushed it's production.

The casting made no sense and was very offensive to say the least, though Noah ringer was bitchin' with his fight scenes. He needs to improve in acting.

Now Demonic
WORST. MOVIE. ADAPTATION. EVER.

super-mario-bros-movie.jpg