Throwing Some Justice!
Aasif Mandvi, Shaun Toub and Cliff Curtis have joined the ranks.
Aasif Mandvi, Shaun Toub and Cliff Curtis have joined the cast of M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender for Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies. Shyamalan, Sam Mercer and Frank Marshall are producing with principal photography to begin mid-March 2009.

They join a cast headed by Noah Ringer, who plays the title role, Nicola Peltz, who plays the Waterbender Katara, Jackson Rathbone, in the role of Katara's brother Sokka, and Dev Patel, who plays Prince Zuko, prince of the Fire Nation.

Mandvi is set to play the role of Commander Zhao, an ambitious and hot-tempered Fire Nation commander. A regular correspondent on Comedy Central's hit show, The Daily Show, Mandvi is repped by Endeavor and Lillian LaSalle at Sweet 180 Management. He will next be seen opposite Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds in Disney's The Proposal, and recently wrapped production on 7 to the Palace, his feature co-writing debut in which he also stars.

Toub, last seen in Iron Man and The Kite Runner, is cast as Uncle Iroh, the retired Fire Nation general and devoted surrogate parent to Dev Patel's character Zuko. He is represented by Abrams Artists Agency.

Curtis is set to play the ruthless ruler Fire Lord Ozai. Represented by Abrams Artists Agency, he most recently appeared in Crossing Over with Harrison Ford and will next appear in the Paramount film A Thousand Words with Eddie Murphy.

In addition, Keong Sim has been cast in the role of Earthbending Father. He is represented by Judy Boals in New York.

Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Four nations tied by destiny when the Fire Nation launches a brutal war against the others. A century has passed with no hope in sight to change the path of this destruction. Caught between combat and courage, Aang (Noah Ringer) discovers he is the lone Avatar with the power to manipulate all four elements. Aang teams with Katara (Nicola Peltz), a Waterbender, and her brother, Sokka (Jackson Rathbone), to restore balance to their war-torn world.

Based on the hugely successful Nickelodeon animated TV series, the live-action feature film The Last Airbender is the opening chapter in Aang's struggle to survive.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE0C8756DyxF30

Last edited:
#MissionMiami
Why the **** would you cast Aasif Mandvi to play the role when It's far from what he's known for. Come on.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Just as a note: "Casted" is not a word. I don't know why that bugs me so much, but it does. :)

I don't really agree with the choice of Iroh, but the rest I'm gonna wait and see. And honestly, I trust M. Knight. I'm the only one on the planet who does, but I trust him.

#MissionMiami
This film is officially bullshit

Uncle Iroh:

shauntoub.jpg

Fire Lord Ozai:

cliff-curtis.jpg

Wait a minute...this is Live Action!?!?!?! :O_O:

Yes its been announced for a while. M Night Shyamalan is directing it and possibly could start a trilogy of movies.

This film is officially bullshit

Quick to hate things are you?
Its just casting that I don't see anything wrong with, not something like announcing Uwe Boll is attached.

Anyway its going to be hilarious when people confuse The Last Airbender with James Cameron's Avatar (coming out this year). Avatar (Cameron's) is pretty much confirmed to sweep awards and be critically acclaimed. I lol'd hard when Cameron had the Shyamalan's project change its name to "The Last Airbender", another clear cut case of "I'm James Fucking Cameron".

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Anyway its going to be hilarious when people confuse The Last Airbender with James Cameron's Avatar (coming out this year). Avatar (Cameron's) is pretty much confirmed to sweep awards and be critically acclaimed.

I thought it was a Sci-fi movie. :)

I thought it was a Sci-fi movie. :)

Its also a James Cameron movie that will look amazing with typical Cameron strong characterization (but it faults with a complicated pitch I can explain the movie in a more appropriate thread). I mean this guy took the money from Titanic and used it to pioneer new technology just for his movie. Its pretty much guaranteed to at least take best Special Effects at every awards.

But this is off topic.