10082011409.jpg

The Lion King Diamon Edition (Blu-Ray + DVD + Coin)

<3

AKA XeroTheHero
First FLight and Emerald Knights were pretty good if you haven't seen them.

I wasn't crazy about Superman/Doomsday unfortunately. It was okay, but got weird.

Eye See You
First FLight and Emerald Knights were pretty good if you haven't seen them.

I wasn't crazy about Superman/Doomsday unfortunately. It was okay, but got weird.

Saw and loved both First Flight & Emerald Knights. I got 'em for $7.99 each as well.

As for Doomsday.... I F U C K E N L O V E D I T.

Recovery suit Superman changed my life.

Today's small movie haul:
6245610544_241c2ae738_z.jpg

:buttrock:

Saw that Jason set today. I think they should have held off on that packaging for the Blu-ray set coming in 2012. Looks so bad ass.

仮面ライダーディックヘッド
Yesterday, I walked into Walmart & saw this:

imageymg.jpg

imageymw.jpg

It's only the standard edition DVD, and I was planning to get the Extended Cut Blu-ray combo set, but I had no idea this set was coming. What made me seriously consider getting this though, was that the ring pictured is exactly the same as one currently on Noble Collection's site:

imagehxr.jpg

Now, I already knew this ring wasn't any kind of metal, it sells for $15 on Noble Collection's site & specifically says "non-metal material" in the description. I assumed it'd basically be the movie design, made like the Blackest Night light-up rings from DC Direct. While I debated this, some guy bought FOUR of them. So I decided to get the set now for the ring, and get the Blu-ray later.

So, here's the ring:

imagewqs.jpg

It's all hard ABS plastic, even the band, and it's actually slightly SMALLER than the Blackest Night rings. It's not quite as small as the kid-size rings that came packed with the 3.75" movie figures, but I could only comfortably wear it on my pinky finger. The light-up effect's actually really well done, but it just wasn't worth it to me, so I returned the DVD set & got the Blu-ray combo pack for the same price.

Incidentally, Noble Collection's added a few more GL items, including a sterling silver movie ring for $145.

AKA XeroTheHero
That set with the ring is pretty cool. Shame the ring is so small though.

While the GL movie is not one of the best movies by far, as a GL fanboy, I thought it was fun and entertaining at least. If they do indeed move forward with a second, hopefully it will be much better.

仮面ライダーディックヘッド
You chose a DVD set because of the ring over the gorgeous Blu-ray?.

And you chose a Batman figure with bizzare slit-eyes on the sides of his head over the far cooler armored one, what's it to ya? :p

But yes, I wanted the ring because I thought $22 for the ring plus the movie was a better deal than the $20 with shipping the ring alone would've cost from Noble Collection. And I got to look at it, decide I didn't like it, and exchange it for the Blu-ray. Mission accomplished!