The Inconvenient Truth: Kamen Rider Build is the worst toku in history

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Also I don't rewatch things.
That's up to you, but plenty of shows have things you can really notice on a rewatch when you're familiar with them.
When you claim something as big as "the worst tokusatsu show ever" you at least have to make sure you didn't miss anything, misunderstood some things or maybe just wasn't in the mood to watch it. As I said, my least favourite Kamen Rider show is OOO and I've watched it about three times total. Usually when I simply dislike things, I put them under "not for me" and that's the end of story. If you try to showcase Build as "the worst tokusatsu ever made", you'll obviously get people questioning your claims with actual facts, so you can't just use "I didn't like it" argument. What you liked or didn't like doesn't have anything to do with any "Truth".

Yeah, no, monsters of the week are the best thing in television history and are needed in a franchise centered around them.
There are different ways one can incorporate them. Just because show uses motw, doesn't make it good by default. If you like motw in general, that's fine. I like them as well. But if you're claiming that motw is superior to story-driven shows, that's just your opinion and (again) it doesn't have anything to do with overall quality, which you don't even judge here, since you're biased towards motw-driven shows in the first place. Plenty of people liked Gaim, Ex-Aid and Build, so there is an audience for story-driven Kamen Riders, both in Japan and in the west. You have to at least consider this, if you claiming the whole approach is wrong in itself.

Those finales did not end on cliffhangers which makes them better by default.
Build didn't end on cliffhanger either. Main villain was defeated, story was done.

Having a reason to be there does not make something good or bad.
You were the one who said drama in Build served no purpose. It did. Whether you like it or not is a different matter.

Fast pacing means it isn't a chore to slog through.
"fast pacing" has nothing to do with you liking or disliking show. It literally means "moving or developing very quickly". Are you gonna claim this definition doesn't fit Build?

It's just blabbering that amounts to nothing. It eats up screentime and nothing worthy comes out of it.
Politics in Build was the primary tool for Evolt to advance his plans.

And evolution is not always benefitial, I'm sure sabertooth tigers having their jaws penetrated by their own fangs would completely agree.
So are you against character development in general?

I believed I gave plenty context.
You just made big statements (some of which are objectively incorrect) without elaborating on them whatsoever.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
It literally means "moving or developing very quickly". Are you gonna claim this definition doesn't fit Build?
Yes I am going to claim that. If Build had fast pacing it wouldn't be the worst toku, that title would still go to Daimajin Kanon. Most things I ever give a 1/10 be it toku and anime have one common trait: Slow pacing. Infinite Ryvius, Key: The Metal Idol, Fate/Stay Night and Zero, Active Raid, Serial Experiments Lain, and Skull Man all have slow pacing; Those Science Freaks, Eiken, and Holey Pants are just disgust. It's more common in toku: Kamen Rider The Next, Kabuto, Reigo, Dogora, Daimajin Kanon, Bio Planet WoO, they all have slow pacing. What makes Build different is the run time and unlike Kabuto doesn't have a redeeming feature like monsters of the week.
So are you against character development in general?
Only when it is unnecessary. Besides, you were talking about taglines there and implied all change is good.

Character development is unnecessary? You're the only person I've seen in the fandom to ever make such a claim.

D

Dr Kain

Build had slow pacing? o_O Go watch Black Rx and 555 and come back to say Build was slowly paced.

Also, what Black Fang just asked.

I've seen Black RX and Faiz, the latter might be slow at times but it wasn't every episode and certainly not to the crawling degree Build did.
Character development is unnecessary? You're the only person I've seen in the fandom to ever make such a claim.
After seeing as much movies, toku, and anime as I have you come to an inconvenient truth: The whole "only plot and characters matter" mentality is just meme, false information too many people believe. Other aspects count just as much if not moreso.

D

Dr Kain

You're retarded. Character development is quite important. If I wanted to watch wallpaper, I'd stare at my wall.

I am not intellectually restrained, I am however able to point out character development is not as important as people claim it is. Wallpaper has nothing to do with this conversation. If I didn't know any better I'd say you are trolling.

D

Dr Kain

I am not intellectually restrained, I am however able to point out character development is not as important as people claim it is. Wallpaper has nothing to do with this conversation. If I didn't know any better I'd say you are trolling.

Well it takes one troll to know another troll.

S

scikaiju

Okay gentlemen just a reminder to watch the derogatory statements or words.

Captain
Don't give 2 shits what anyone says about Build, I think it was a pretty good series. Skipped Drive, Ghost and Ex Aid and decided to give Build a chance, was not disappointed.