HEROW
hobbit-cast-assembled-550x320.jpg

The Hobbit cast

Reprising their roles (and not pictured) are Andy Serkis, Elijah Wood, Ian McKellen and Cate Blanchett. Sylvester McCoy plays Radagast the Brown, and Mikael Persbrandt is Beorn. The Dwarf Company includes:
  • Richard Armitage (MI-5, Captain America) as Thorin Oakenshield, leader of the Dwarves, whose grandfather ruled the Lonely Mountain settlement destroyed by Smaug.
  • Aidan Turner (Being Human) and Rob Kazinsky (EastEnders) as Kili and Fili, nephews of Thorin.
  • James Nesbitt (Bloody Sunday, Millions) as Bofur, "a disarmingly forthright, funny and occasionally brave Dwarf."
  • Adam Brown as Ori, "another of the Dwarf Company which sets out to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from the infamous dragon, Smaug."
  • Graham McTavish (Secretariat) as Dwalin, blue-bearded, first to arrive at the home of Bilbo Baggins.
  • John Callen as Oin, skillful fire-maker. Brother of Gloin.
  • Stephen Hunter (All Saints) as Bombur, the fat, sleepy and slow member of Thorin’s company.
  • Mark Hadlow (King Kong) as Dori, strongest of the Dwarves, who carries Bilbo on his back at one point.
  • Peter Hambleton (The Strip) as Gloin, brother of Oin, initially suspicious of Bilbo's worth, but eventually convinced. Father of Gimli from The Lord of the Rings.
  • Jed Brophy (The Lord of the Rings) is the dwarf Nori
  • William Kircher is the dwarf Bifur
  • Ken Stott (Charlie Wilson's War) is the Dwarf Lord Balin

thorin-richardarmitage-550x366.jpg

Thorin

balindwalin.jpg
Balin & Dwalin

hobbit-fili-kili.jpg
Fili & Kili

Bofur-Bombur-Bifur-550x513.jpg
Bofur, Bombur & Bifur

Opens on December 14, 2012.

Credits to vortrexx of Cybph

Holy ****, that's awesome. They really made them look great. I would have liked to see most of them a little brawnier looking, but I'll take it.

Thorin looks boss as ****. :buttrock:

I really like the weapon designs as well.

Throwing Some Justice!
The Hobbit movies have gone through hell over the last decade. I'm glad Peter Jackson is FINALLY opening his eyes to the fans and bringing these to life. Still sucks Del Toro dropped out, but I have more faith and optimism that Jackson is helming these masterpieces.

Brave Sound~
awww yeahhhh

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyoqc"]THE HOBBIT Trailer HD - YouTube[/ame]

Digital Artist
Very interesting. Sir Ian McKellen seemed to be in fine Gandalf form in that trailer and his parts were my favorite. I liked how the trailer started and ended with Smeagol's "my precioouussss" line. Got me wanting me more now.

Heroes are forever
Good heavens. 2012 is really going to be a kick-ass year for movies.

Webslinger
I fucking cried when I saw the trailer. After 10 years Middle Earth is back :castlerock:

Good heavens. 2012 is really going to be a kick-ass year for movies.

I agree. I have so many movies on my watch list for 2012 :D