The History of the Power Rangers - Discussion Thread

CHANGE! GoseiJon!
46EM9TT.png

D

Dr Kain

Can't say I'm surprised he won't be finishing them this year.

At this point though it is no different than Jessu Otaku's Anime Derby crap, I just don't care anymore. When they release a new one I'll watch it, but I'm done looking forward to the next episode when it could be 8 months down the line. Hell, JO has yet to finish winter season and we are now into Fall season.

Now Demonic
Yeah, but atleast Linkara has the excuse of doing other videos and projects, JO is only doing one thing, every once in awhile and doesn't put them out in time, just because.

Yeah, but atleast Linkara has the excuse of doing other videos and projects, JO is only doing one thing, every once in awhile and doesn't put them out in time, just because.
JO's never really had a regular schedule though. Her main reviewing job is writing for the anime news network site. Between that and her college degree, video reviews have always been a sideline. Plus she's admitted that she's gotten completely bored of doing her "normal" reviews to the point where she doesn't especially care if her Madoka Magica review (now a year old) is the last one she does. She's basically spent the last year looking around for a completely new show that she can get excited enough about that she wants to make more videos (which is a shame because the anime derby was a pretty cool idea that got me more interested in watching a couple of recent anime).

As for Linkara, well we know HoPR has always been a backburner project. The way he does these shows, he has to finish watching Jungle Fury before he'll turn his OO notes into a proper script.

CHANGE! GoseiJon!
As for Linkara, well we know HoPR has always been a backburner project. The way he does these shows, he has to finish watching Jungle Fury before he'll turn his OO notes into a proper script.

Actually, I think, at the beginning of the year, he said he wasn't going to do that. He was going to watch a series and then do a video on it. He originally planned to finish them all this year, but only got one out so far.

Plans change and this is no exception. I will still be looking forward to his videos, but I won't be checking them as often.

D

Dr Kain

JO's never really had a regular schedule though. Her main reviewing job is writing for the anime news network site. Between that and her college degree, video reviews have always been a sideline. Plus she's admitted that she's gotten completely bored of doing her "normal" reviews to the point where she doesn't especially care if her Madoka Magica review (now a year old) is the last one she does. She's basically spent the last year looking around for a completely new show that she can get excited enough about that she wants to make more videos (which is a shame because the anime derby was a pretty cool idea that got me more interested in watching a couple of recent anime).

The thing is, JO shouldn't bother doing these Anime Derbys if she isn't going to actually finish them. She got to Round 3 of Winter Season and then did Round 1 of Summer almost a month ago and we are now into Fall season. It's pointless to even bother if she isn't going to keep up with them. She should just do a quick overview on what she thought was good and was not good at the end of each season.

K

kamil88

Little offtopic, but here is a nice parody of Linkara Ad blockers parody
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76M-EBF_HNs"]SPECIAL: Please Let me whine about Ad Blockers - YouTube[/ame]

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Little offtopic, but here is a nice parody of Linkara Ad blockers parody
SPECIAL: Please Let me whine about Ad Blockers - YouTube

that guy is a complete dick, he was on the ass of channel awesome since the whole kickassia thing, and just wants to rip the contributors of the that guy with the glasses website to shreds every chance he gets.

speaking of which, people who call linkara a crybaby cause he wants people to stop using adblock don't understand how adblock can ruin a internet product that needs money. even worse(getting off topic) adblock started a campaign to get money to put up ads for their adblock service.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDgJt3h4O4"]AdBlock is crowdfunding to tell the world about the ad-free Internet! - YouTube[/ame]

it goes to show you that nobody wins with adblock.

D

Dr Kain

Look, I don't mind some ads, but when I have 45 seconds of commercials every 5 minutes for a 15 minute video, I get very annoyed. It disrupts the flow. If I wanted to watch commercials, I would watch freaking tv.

I'm a career filmmaker, so I understand the purpose of needing to make money off of your creative things. I really hate this concept of people feeling like they deserve to see things for free and not have to support the artist.

But I'm not a fan of forced ads for things online outside of a one time up front ad on a video. So I sell my product instead of posting it online.