[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXinERzrcGw&playnext=1&list=PLFFC2C7AC82D6BF76&feature=results_video"]IT'S HENSHIN TIME! The History of Super Sentai & Power Rangers - Part I: Shotaro Ishinomori - YouTube[/ame]

Stars now! :D

Mad Skillz
I don't know if it's because this is focusing on Ishinomori, but I feel like this glosses over some pretty important details and feels too much like a cliff's notes version of the story.

I don't know if it's because this is focusing on Ishinomori, but I feel like this glosses over some pretty important details and feels too much like a cliff's notes version of the story.

Well...Ishinomori did start Super Sentai, even though it wasn't acknowledged until later on. Sometimes I wonder, if the man were still alive would he have done a different take on Super Hero Taisen.

*nods head*

Part 2!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QJOfYprDkY"]IT'S HENSHIN TIME! The History of Super Sentai & Power Rangers - Part II: Sentai Begins - YouTube[/ame]

Irregular Hunter
Well...Ishinomori did start Super Sentai, even though it wasn't acknowledged until later on. Sometimes I wonder, if the man were still alive would he have done a different take on Super Hero Taisen.

*nods head*

Probably, since they can make shows darker than they could back when he was alive, and the original manga version of all the tokusatsu he did, were really dark and morbid in some parts, which is what he wanted to do in the old series as well, but was told it would be to disturbing for kids.

Not all the of the things would be exactly the way he would want, if he was still alive a doing super hero taisen and other series now, but it would be closer and much more dark.

Though I think they should had started out more with the beginning and origin of the Super Sentai Genre, not to be mistaken for the series, and how the genre started.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
TOEI's official english spelling for Goranger is now 'Gorenger'. If you grab the openings from iTunes it's Himitsu Sentai Gorenger.

I have seen all 5 episodes on youtube already. I can't wait for episode 6. :coolshades:

Lurker
I liked the technical progression from the first to the last episode. The first one was kind of grungy, everyone is super serious business, the lighting is ...yeahhh... By the last (released) episode, there's a great (and welcome) sense of humor that doesn't overtake the material, it's much better shot and the script is smooth. OH! And the material was great, too! Looking forward to more!