The Greatest Beer Run ever coming this September 30

No Spoilers
Staff member
The Greatest Beer Run is coming to Apple TV+ this September 30th. Apple is currently killing it with their original movies and limited serials. Now we have the biographical film about John Donahue. (Nicknamed Chickie by his friends)
He is a merchant seaman who, in 1967, desired to inspire all of his childhood buddies battling in Vietnam. By making the risky friendly gesture, he hoped to encourage his friends while they engaged in the fight. Find all his buddies fighting in the Vietnam Warzone so that he may bring them beer and messages from their families. John served in the U.S. Marine Corps but was not a field soldier trained for combat.
 So he puts his life in peril to inspire his friends who are going through an intense battle.
The Greatest Beer Run Ever — Official Trailer | Apple TV+

In 1967, Most of Chickie’s (Zach...

[url=https://popgeeks.com/the-greatest-beer-run-ever-coming-this-september-30/]Continue reading...

Wow this dude puts his life in danger to make his friends in good spirits? That is what you call a good friend.

As excited I am to watch this movie, part of me wishes this a limited series because there is something interesting about this Chickie person. I wanna see more of him because he is such a character. Zach also hit the jackpot playing him on a movie.

Love Me!
Facial hair can really change a man's face. I didn't recognize nice Zach Efron right away because I was so used of his High school Musical days. He really changed throughout the years.
See-Zac-Efron-Go-On-The-Greatest-Beer-Run-Ever.jpg

In this film, Zach Efron's role was a former Marine who never experienced combat but felt obligated to those brothers who were putting their lives in harm's way. So it's not like he's just some drunken lost cause who still resides at parent's home.

The real Donahue is fearless man who is willing to face danger for his friends and country.

Hello Friends!
If there is a movie that can give Mr. Efron his first Oscar Nomination, This could be it. It is a role of a lifetime. Any actor will want this role. Especially he is a real life person who did something this heroic.

I have recently come to the conclusion that I am an awful friend because I am not willing to put my own life in danger for a friend. I would take a bullet for a member of my family, but I wouldn't do that for a buddy. I really hope none of my pals are going to read this.

I can't express how glad I am that they are going to finally make a movie about this. Previous to this, I had read the book, and Chickie is both crazy and inspiring.