Eye See You
The ONLY people that get claim that it's the BEST Sentai ever are fans whom have watched all of the Sentai series. The majority of the people screaming it's the best Sentai ever really probally only have Magiranger+ under the viewing belt.

I feel Shinkenger is one of the best but not the best. Definatley one of the better Sentai's of the decade alongside Timeranger, Abaranger, and Gekiranger.

Go-onger grew on me after I'd watched it for a while. There will never be another Carranger, but it's not terrible.

Shinkenger I thought was decent overall, but the characterization could have been stronger, though. I didn't feel like the drama was anywhere near as effective as it could have been and I never connected with any of the characters. Watchable, but not great.

Goseiger is possibly the singlemost dull tokusatsu I've ever watched. I never feel like I'm not watching a thinly-veiled commercial for toys and a videogame. The characters are just talking mannequins and villains come and go like the crew were desperately trying to find something that would catch on.

I don't really see them as an "era," although I do see a bit of a trend where the gimmickry is really starting to overtake the storytelling. I thought more work went into having characters and telling their story before. But then, I've been thinking that about toku in general lately.

Last edited:
Shinkenger is far from overrated. I'm still unsure of how anyone can enjoy Sentai and dislike Shinkenger, to me it's like enjoying wrestling and disliking Steve Austin, or listening to Metal but disliking Metallica.

You clearly do not read what Shinken critics (besides the resident coconut) have had to say about the show's flaws for over a year now.

I can't stand that term. Overrated.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others can't find it valid and use it to their convenience.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others can't find it valid and use it to their convenience.

Yeah, but...they're wrong. Overrated is a meaningless term.

Goseiger is possibly the singlemost dull tokusatsu I've ever watched. I never feel like I'm not watching a thinly-veiled commercial for toys and a videogame. The characters are just talking mannequins and villains come and go like the crew were desperately trying to find something that would catch on.

I love how the one original thing Goseiger has done is taken by its critics to be a sign of weakness. Because they DON'T want to keep the same villains around for fifty freaking episodes and feel like displaying their heroes as effective and the villains too (because if they're really powerful they shouldn't need fifty freaking generals), it really means the writing team couldn't think of anything that would get people's attentions.

Banned
You clearly do not read what Shinken critics (besides the resident coconut) have had to say about the show's flaws for over a year now.

I am all for people being critics of shows. That doesn't require anyone to read or put any validity in those criticisms. It's all opinion.

I don't find that term valid in any way at all. It's just a word people use to talk down about shows they might not like, but other people like in great numbers.

Yeah, but...they're wrong. Overrated is a meaningless term.

I love how the one original thing Goseiger has done is taken by its critics to be a sign of weakness. Because they DON'T want to keep the same villains around for fifty freaking episodes and feel like displaying their heroes as effective and the villains too (because if they're really powerful they shouldn't need fifty freaking generals), it really means the writing team couldn't think of anything that would get people's attentions.

I'm sorry I find the idea of multiple groups piggybacking each others' invasion attempts in a single 50-episode show dumb rather than a display of how effective the characters are. Well, actually "sorry"'s too strong a word. How about, I agree to disagree?

I always saw Goseiger's villain cycle as a good idea that needed refined execution. If they really wanted to have three truly independent villain groups, sharing the same grunts and "Make My Monster Grow" method with all three of them probably wasn't the best idea. They needed something that made each of them seem unique.