I've noticed that ever since Shinkenger became popular, there was a sudden line that broke in between Gekiranger and Go-onger, "separating" them to some extent. Ever since then, I've noticed that there have been many threads in forums that talk about Go-onger, Shinkenger, and Goseiger as if they are their own era or something. Like, I don't really hear people talking much about Dekaranger or Gekiranger as much as they used to, before Shinkenger came in. What are your thoughts?

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
In my thoughts, I don't think that there are a lot of people who would wish to discuss about the previous 2000's Sentai show. Probably because, they haven't seen them yet, or they have just moved on.

Power Rangers with more Girl Power.
I've noticed that too. Shinkenger, to me, is the most overrated Sentai ever. I haven't heard or seen much talk about other Sentai series but Shinkenger. I've seen little Go-Onger and of course Goseiger, cause it's still airing. :p

I think though it's because they're more recent than like Gekiranger, Dekaranger, etc. Once Goukaiger begins, I think Go-Onger won't be a topic as much.

Raxbait: Hip
The G.S.G. Era =D

Anyways, always figured cause people saw these as the weakest shows in the past 10 years. With an exception for a few people.

Banned
I've noticed that too. Shinkenger, to me, is the most overrated Sentai ever. I haven't heard or seen much talk about other Sentai series but Shinkenger. I've seen little Go-Onger and of course Goseiger, cause it's still airing. :p

I think though it's because they're more recent than like Gekiranger, Dekaranger, etc. Once Goukaiger begins, I think Go-Onger won't be a topic as much.

I can't stand that term. Overrated.

D

Dr Kain

I personally found everything after GekiRanger (Go, Sh, Gos) to be crap. Now that is not to say everything in those shows were crap, as they each had/have something that was kind of cool in them, but to be honest, Shinkenger is the only one of the three that I have watched every episode to. I just cannot stand the ranger cast at all for Goseiger, while I found the Disney-esque mecha in Go-Onger to be beyond rediculous. Not just that, but I thought the stories were dreadful as if they were trying to recreate CarRanger for a new generation and failed miserably. Shinkineger had a good ranger cast for the main five, but the villians and Kenta are some of the worst ever. In fact, I think ShinkenGold is the worst sixth ranger ever. The problem with these shows is that they are way too goofy when they are trying to be serious, the acting seems forced, the mecha is way too powerful and layered, and the fight scenes are so bland. Shinkenger had some great fight scenes, especially the ones between Juuzo and Takeru, but they tried to play the series safe. GekiRanger took risks and did something new to the series, especially when it came to the development of the villians, whereas the series after are just trying to copy what has been done before. Years ago, I called DekaRanger to be the worst Sentai series ever, but imagine my surprise when I find two of the last three series to be even worse than Deka. Deka had some potential and wasted most of it, while Go-On and Gosei have really shown me nothing intriguing at all other than how much mecha they can pile up on each other. I consider Zyu, Dai, and Kaku to be the greatest three years in a row of Sentai, which is complimented by Go-On, Shinken, and Gosei as the worst three years of Sentai in a row.

Eye See You
Go-Onger to Goseiger is an era?, :laugh:

Nah, I think the issue is some members here are new to this forum or new to the fandom and those shows are still the latest which is why they get talked about the most.

Shinkenger is far from overrated. I'm still unsure of how anyone can enjoy Sentai and dislike Shinkenger, to me it's like enjoying wrestling and disliking Steve Austin, or listening to Metal but disliking Metallica.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Shinkenger is far from overrated. I'm still unsure of how anyone can enjoy Sentai and dislike Shinkenger, to me it's like enjoying wrestling and disliking Steve Austin, or listening to Metal but disliking Metallica.

It suffers from the same basic problems as Go-onger and Goseiger - casting pretty idols who aren't great actors, merchandise and mecha overkill, poor pacing etc. Despite the efforts of Shinkenger's rabid fans to promote it as the best Sentai ever, not everybody likes it or has to.

Re. the three shows being their own era - I agree that it's just because they are the most recent. Fewer people are talking about Go-onger now it's completely over.