Hopefully. There was nothing for the 45th except for two direct to video episodes since Saga had a weird production schedule and didn't come out until 2012. I'm still interested in seeing where the franchise goes now that the supposed Zero trilogy is over. Though I wouldn't mind a new movie, so his era doesn't end on the underwhelming Ultraman Saga and Ultra Zero Fight.

How was Saga's production schedule "weird"? And, even after Saga, they're still continuing with Zero short stories, instead of developing a new TV series ...

Lurker
And after that, UltraSeven turns 50. A new series mayhaps?

Every five years or so he gets SOMETHING major. Last year he got both his Showa series fully subbed in the States and his 90s/2000s adventures released in Japan.

Time before that, he got a new TV series.

Time before that, Evolution. And so on.

I hope they delve back into the Seven mythos.. where they left off with Evolution. Huge Seven fan here. I loved the 90s-2000s series. :buttrock:

Hopefully. There was nothing for the 45th except for two direct to video episodes since Saga had a weird production schedule and didn't come out until 2012. I'm still interested in seeing where the franchise goes now that the supposed Zero trilogy is over. Though I wouldn't mind a new movie, so his era doesn't end on the underwhelming Ultraman Saga and Ultra Zero Fight.

Probably re-evaluating their direction by doing a new ULTRA Q for the moment.

Shyni
I'm still interested in seeing where the franchise goes now that the supposed Zero trilogy is over. Though I wouldn't mind a new movie, so his era doesn't end on the underwhelming Ultraman Saga and Ultra Zero Fight.

Eh, Saga and Zero Fight can't be any less dignified then Seven starring in the old Ultra Fight. From what clips I've seen, those mini-eps had practically nothing in their budget. Didn't have effects or sets. Neither did they even have proper scripts, at least from what I've read.

'Course, even if Zero doesn't have anything major for himself planned out, I doubt Tsuburaya would just "retire" him. Especially considering that they can bring him back for pretty much anything, due to all the dimension travel.

Mad Skillz
How was Saga's production schedule "weird"? And, even after Saga, they're still continuing with Zero short stories, instead of developing a new TV series ...

The movie came out in 2012 rather than 2011. I imagine it's got a lot to do with needing to coordinate with the schedules of the AKB48 girls that were in it.

Eh, Saga and Zero Fight can't be any less dignified then Seven starring in the old Ultra Fight. From what clips I've seen, those mini-eps had practically nothing in their budget. Didn't have effects or sets. Neither did they even have proper scripts, at least from what I've read.

'Course, even if Zero doesn't have anything major for himself planned out, I doubt Tsuburaya would just "retire" him. Especially considering that they can bring him back for pretty much anything, due to all the dimension travel.
I just wasn't a fan of Ultraman Saga, my favorite of the movies was definitely Ultraman Zero.

Ultra Zero Fight is...odd. I like the story, but I just hate the presentation format. You almost feel like Tsuburaya wants to make an Ultraman series without any humans in it, and given the way Ultra Zero Fight is playing out, it's not totally unrealistic to imagine that it could work on a technical level. I just have to wonder what audience reaction to something like that would be.

I think Zero's going to be retired the moment a new show is announced. It's going to be an odd footnote for anyone that gets into this stuff years down the line. He was the face of the franchise for five years and never had a show to himself.

The movie came out in 2012 rather than 2011. I imagine it's got a lot to do with needing to coordinate with the schedules of the AKB48 girls that were in it.

Didn't the Earthquake also effect it somewhat? I remember a rumor about TPC donating most of the budget for a planned film to the relief effort and then having to regroup to make Saga.

Lurker
Didn't the Earthquake also effect it somewhat? I remember a rumor about TPC donating most of the budget for a planned film to the relief effort and then having to regroup to make Saga.

if the earthquake did affect their finances they would have done without AKB48. those useless girls probably took up alot of the budget.

The original plan was another action-packed space adventure movie which focuses on the journey of Ultimate Force Zero, but Tsuburaya decided to make a movie that soothes the victims of the tragedy instead. Killers the Beatstar OVs were sort of a squeezed presentation of the planned film.

Shyni
I think Zero's going to be retired the moment a new show is announced. It's going to be an odd footnote for anyone that gets into this stuff years down the line. He was the face of the franchise for five years and never had a show to himself.
Well, I'm kind of expecting he gets something like Tiga & Dyna appearing in Battle in Hyperspace, except as an actual character. 'course, that would be no more than a guest appearance, since Tsuburaya don't make "Movie War"-style crossovers.

Well, they did start Ultraman Foundation.

The original plan was another action-packed space adventure movie which focuses on the journey of Ultimate Force Zero, but Tsuburaya decided to make a movie that soothes the victims of the tragedy instead. Killers the Beatstar OVs were sort of a squeezed presentation of the planned film.
Huh, wonder if we could've gotten updated Gridman or Woo.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
Ok, so there is a sub Ultraman Saga floating around made by Ultrafanz, has anyone seen it? is it good?

I only ask because i am dying to see Saga and the last Ultrafanz subs i watched were the Mebius "Armored Darkness" specials and those were....less than spectacular...

Ditto for their sub of Killer the Beaststar Stage II.

Subs?

Ok, so there is a sub Ultraman Saga floating around made by Ultrafanz, has anyone seen it? is it good?

I only ask because i am dying to see Saga and the last Ultrafanz subs i watched were the Mebius "Armored Darkness" specials and those were....less than spectacular...

Ditto for their sub of Killer the Beaststar Stage II.

There are subs of Saga floating around? As well as of Killer The Beatstar?

How can I get to them, please?