Shyni
in universe do people bonded to ultras age at a normal rate or do they age more slowly?

Well, from what I can tell, Ultra Galxy takes place in the far future when humans have settlements on other planets, and when Ultraman, Ultraseven and Mebius show up in the Ultra Galaxy movie, their human forms don't seem to have aged much. So I guess, what ever way is convenient for the movie they're doing, or something like that.

Another thing I'm wondering, since Mebius had his Crew GUYS uniform in the 8 Brothers movie, it should mean that he goes into that universe not too long after the Mebius series. Which means that he would've met the AU Dyna/Asuka very long (probably centuries) before he met the "proper" Dyna in Ultra Galaxy. Which would mean that AU Daigo and Asuka from Super 8 Bros. are chronologically the "originals", if chronology was linear when you cross dimensions.

Um, did that last paragraph make any sense?

S

scikaiju

I'm not sure the Ultra Galaxy Legend is the best example to use there. Seven and Mebius created they're own human disguise based on somebody they witness being brave, in seven's case a human who as mountain climbing who slipped and cut his own line so his friend wouldn't fall with him. And while Ultraman, Jack and Ace did take human host they did seperate from them at the end of there respective series. And think it was pretty much established that when they go back to Earth they just assume their old host's form without joining with them again.

It's Kinda Complicated ...

Well, from what I can tell, Ultra Galxy takes place in the far future when humans have settlements on other planets, and when Ultraman, Ultraseven and Mebius show up in the Ultra Galaxy movie, their human forms don't seem to have aged much. So I guess, what ever way is convenient for the movie they're doing, or something like that.

Another thing I'm wondering, since Mebius had his Crew GUYS uniform in the 8 Brothers movie, it should mean that he goes into that universe not too long after the Mebius series. Which means that he would've met the AU Dyna/Asuka very long (probably centuries) before he met the "proper" Dyna in Ultra Galaxy. Which would mean that AU Daigo and Asuka from Super 8 Bros. are chronologically the "originals", if chronology was linear when you cross dimensions.

Um, did that last paragraph make any sense?

It did. But, best to think of the Super 8 UltraBrothers Alternative Universe as a totally separate universe, apart from the standard Showa and Heisei Universes. Keep in mind that, the Super 8 AU was set in 1996, whereas in the Earth One Universe of Tiga and Dyna, Tiga took place in 2007, and Dyna took place in 2017. In the Earth Two Universe of Gaia (& Agul), that took place in 1997, which makes it pretty contemporary to Super 8, however, Earth Two is far more technologically-advanced, mainly due to the Alchemy Stars. Probably, the "dreams" from the real Heisei AU's were being drawn back in time to the Super 8 AU.

Probably what happened was that whatever force had secreted the human hosts (as well as Ultra Seven in human form), and their significant others, in the Super 8 AU had deliberately chosen a time period that they would all be comfortable in, in order to live a safe, happy retirement from action, undisturbed by the traumatic memories of their previous lives. But, as a fail-safe, they retained access to their powers, and would just need to be "re-awakened" if danger showed up. At least, that's my pet theory.

More realistically, though, what probably happened with Asuka is that, when he was yanked thru the GranSphere's final black hole at the end of Dyna, he not only went into the Showa Universe, but also into it's far future. Since Ultras can live for thousands of years, Mebius probably hasn't aged much at all.

Shyni
Yeah, forgot that Mebius and Seven didn't have hosts. What is wrong with me...

Still, the chronology looks to be that Mebius met AU Dyna/Asuka not too long after the Mebius series, and met the proper Dyna/Asuka many years later. Considering how Saga isn't set centuries after the Dyna series, it seems that AU Asuka existed long before proper Asuka. And, since (proper) Dyna is still Asuka, it looks like he aged normally. But that's probably due to them wanting to use the original actor.

Anyway, has anybody else seen these Ultraman Foundation videos?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2vUlwuRAEo"]??????????????????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT5cPYXtIoY"]?????????????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rlQ5G_JRE4"]????????????????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUqle19EoVo"]?????????????????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

SLICE
Well we know multiple humans can inhabit one ULTRA body (Ace, Mebius) and we know that multiple Ultras can inhabit one ULTRA body (Mebius, Taroh)

So, maybe. Though the fusions never last long.

Shyni
I found something... peculiar on Tsuburaya's YouTube channel:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5xeXwPvfKc"]????????2012?#3?????????? - YouTube[/ame]

What is this? Modern day Ultra Fight? There's something at the end which I assume is advertising a DVD release of Mirrorman, but the video itself is rather reminiscent of those Ultra Fight shorts.

????????2012?#3?????????? - YouTube

What is this? Modern day Ultra Fight? There's something at the end which I assume is advertising a DVD release of Mirrorman, but the video itself is rather reminiscent of those Ultra Fight shorts.

Perhaps. I believe I saw this clip, with the modern-day version of Mirrorman posted on the Ultraman Saga thread several weeks ago. I'll see if i can locate it later.

????????2012?#3?????????? - YouTube

It's basically an all-new episode of Mirror Fight (Tsuburaya; 1974), an Ultra Fight-like spinoff of the original Mirrorman. Only picture Mirror-Knight in Mirrorman's place! :)

The monster Drigoras, BTW, was from Fireman (Tsuburaya; 1973).