Thanks! You Da Man, Guy!

I just finished up with Episode 6 of "Return of Ultraman" last night, and I think I can see where this drama is already occuring.

I don't know if it is possible to give a spoiler on something that is over 30 years old, but better to be safe than sorry...

[HIDE]Even as far back into the series as episode 5, Gou is having confrontations with Nikishima, and it seems that this isn't something that is going to be easily remedied. Gou even had a bit of an attitude in the 2nd episode, but Ultraman himself straightened him out. [/HIDE]
If the original intent was to give a series that had a different feel to it from the previous two, then this was the way to do it.

Just my two cents.
Steve

Thanks, Shteve!

Sorry to have taken so long getting back, but it's been a very busy month!

'Scool Knightphoenix. I'm a bit behind on a lot of things right now myself. Work, school, and some other projects around the house. I have episode 7 of Return of Ultraman, just haven't watched it yet. I'd like to get a view of it this week.

I'd been thinking about what you asked originally, and it does seem a bit odd that the ending would be as you described. I watched Taro, and Go showed up with the other previous Ultra Brothers to visit Taro for a picnic or something, and then in the Mebius movie, he was still doing his own thing. Makes me wonder how they worked it all out. Granted, I haven't seen Ace or any of the other shows, so not sure if there were stories there to explain it away.

Shteve

Lurker
the beginning of Mebius and Ultra Brothers explained that the four Brothers have been stuck on Earth since the late 80's.

Lurker
I was basically thinking of normal* humans who, in their right minds, but for one reason or another, mount attacks on human Ultras in their more vulnerable human forms;

Masaki Keigo, who became Evil Tiga? Evil Tiga the being was not evil, but it was Masaki Keigo's evil intentions that corrupted the newly resurrected being into an evil one.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I just dropped by to say that I really love Shinichi Ishihara's 'Toki no Naka wo Hashirinukete', the theme song for Ultraman USA. I remember getting a VHS with all the Ultraman Theme songs from Ultraman to Ultraman Nice, including foreign ones. And I really loved Ultraman USA's theme.

Masaki Keigo, who became Evil Tiga? Evil Tiga the being was not evil, but it was Masaki Keigo's evil intentions that corrupted the newly resurrected being into an evil one.

Actually, I was saying all along that Keigo Masaki was evil; I didn't mean to imply that "Evil Tiga" was evil of it's own will, but, was, as you say, corrupted by Masaki's evil.

(Still, you'd think that the giant's own personality would have been able to easily resist Masaki's influence ... :disappoin)

My main point, however, was that there were too many humans, corrupted by hubris, jealousy, ambition, fear, xenophobia, etc., who would risk the safety of the planet by attacking those who protect it. And, as bad as he was, at least Masaki didn't cross the line permanently by committing murder. Neither did Hiroya Fujimiya (although he came close ...)

That can't be said about Kihachi Gondou.

Great Question!

in universe do people bonded to ultras age at a normal rate or do they age more slowly?

That's a question that has never been asked before, let alone answered. The new Ultraman Saga movie might give some answers on this, since it'll have a human host who's been continuously bonded with an Ultra for 15 years, namely Shin Asuka.

The only other thing I can think of, is that in the Alternative Universe movie of Super 8 UltrBrothers, the human hosts of the senior Ultras (Ultraman, Ultraman Jack, and Ultraman Ace) seemed to age at a normal rate, but remained exceptionally strong and vital, with some very unusual powers. The only normal senior Ultra there, Ultra Seven, seemed to age at a normal human rate, but had the same abilities as the others.