SLICE
What exactly are you talking about?

Ultras face humans.

Not often, but that's because Ultraman almost always takes place in a world where humanity has united together for the greater good. Even then, though...

Nexus's most important villains, outside of Zagi, were all humans given power or altered in some fashion. The moral debate about killing them wasn't because they were human, but rather because of who they were.

And hell, if you want to look further back, why not just go back to Ultraman and UltraSeven?

Ultraman had Jamilla, an astronaut who got mutated and decided to get revenge. While no one was HAPPY, and Ide just about quit, Ultraman still put him down like any other threat, though respects were paid in the end.

And in UltraSeven, while most of the human villains were mind controlled into their service, not all of them were. The ones that were not, one notable one in particular, were killed like the rest of the threats.

Then you have the aliens that, by all rights, are only alien because they have superior technology.....which NEVER stops Seven from killing them.

Really, any good Ultra show should show...no matter the shades of gray, and there are many, if a human sinks to the level of a monster, they shall die like them.

Not a subject that gets brought up often, but it is addressed.

So, The Good Old Days Weren't So Good After All ...

What exactly are you talking about?

Ultras face humans.

Not often, but that's because Ultraman almost always takes place in a world where humanity has united together for the greater good. Even then, though...

Nexus's most important villains, outside of Zagi, were all humans given power or altered in some fashion. The moral debate about killing them wasn't because they were human, but rather because of who they were.

And hell, if you want to look further back, why not just go back to Ultraman and UltraSeven?

Ultraman had Jamilla, an astronaut who got mutated and decided to get revenge. While no one was HAPPY, and Ide just about quit, Ultraman still put him down like any other threat, though respects were paid in the end.

And in UltraSeven, while most of the human villains were mind controlled into their service, not all of them were. The ones that were not, one notable one in particular, were killed like the rest of the threats.

Then you have the aliens that, by all rights, are only alien because they have superior technology.....which NEVER stops Seven from killing them.

Really, any good Ultra show should show...no matter the shades of gray, and there are many, if a human sinks to the level of a monster, they shall die like them.

Not a subject that gets brought up often, but it is addressed.

I was referring to the Heisei Ultras, specifically the first three, because those are the ones I'm most familiar with. As you say, these are rare cases. So rare, that they really stood out for me.

I was basically thinking of normal* humans who, in their right minds, but for one reason or another, mount attacks on human Ultras in their more vulnerable human forms; rather than those possessed or mind-warped into evil. That's why I had noted Kihachi Gondou - he had deliberately resorted to criminal means to capture Shin Asuka. And that was after seeing two miraculous events concerning Dyna. In hindsight, his actions in the last storyline lend a sinister connotation to the events in one prior episode, perhaps two prior episodes.

Due to that, I can't help but wonder if the TPC was truly in the clear after Asuka's ... exit from the TPC Universe, as it seemed. If Humanity, even very small portions of humanity, can turn against beneficient Ultras; then they've got far bigger problems than monsters. Think Babylon 5, or to a lesser extent, Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

I'm not familiar with the examples from Nexus because I haven't seen those episodes yet, so all my knowledge would be from Wikipedia and TV Tropes. But, at least one of the cases in Nexus was someone who was definitely an innocent pawn - and who broke her chains at the end. I'm not sure about the other one.

It seems to me, from what you're saying, that Ultras dealt with this problem more frequently in the past, and I'd like to see the episodes in question. Can you give me the titles, or episode numbers, please?

*Maybe I should cut Hiroya Fujimiya a little slack here; he was pretty much mind-warped by the COV via Crisis ....

Tiga alternative opening ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Zp5XfqaOs"]????????? OP (HD) - TAKE ME HIGHER - YouTube[/ame]

Tiga alternative opening ?

That is the original opening sequence for the first 18 or 20 episodes. They changed it to the second (and final
) opening sequence around the debut of the ArkDessei episode which is the one below

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWtJ7a_-B5c&feature=related"]Ultraman Tiga Opening - YouTube[/ame]

That is the original opening sequence for the first 18 or 20 episodes. They changed it to the second (and final
) opening sequence around the debut of the ArkDessei episode which is the one below

Ultraman Tiga Opening - YouTube

This second opening recalls the openings for Ultraman Tarou, Ultraman Leo, and the 2nd OP for Ultraman 80 (with shots of the mecha and the defense force)!

That, and another tradition; show little-to-no Ultraman in the credits.

I especially adore these two fan-made Ultraman Taro and Leo openings.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVHSV8PzSUw"]taro[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oFT6t1TX9s"]leo[/ame]

Ultra Father's love tale

[HIDE]
2mz8md.jpg

17e03q.jpg

It doesn't have a happy ending.[/HIDE]

For KnightPhoenix

I just finished up with Episode 6 of "Return of Ultraman" last night, and I think I can see where this drama is already occuring.

I don't know if it is possible to give a spoiler on something that is over 30 years old, but better to be safe than sorry...

[HIDE]Even as far back into the series as episode 5, Gou is having confrontations with Nikishima, and it seems that this isn't something that is going to be easily remedied. Gou even had a bit of an attitude in the 2nd episode, but Ultraman himself straightened him out. [/HIDE]
If the original intent was to give a series that had a different feel to it from the previous two, then this was the way to do it.

Just my two cents.
Steve