[J-TALK] The General Japan Thread of Generalness

Igadevil

Mr. Kamen Rider
Years/Months/Weeks/Days/Hours/Minutes/Seconds (delete where applicable) in the making, at last it has arrived...

The thread for everything about Japan that isn't already in some other thread!

Taking a trip? Thinking of moving? Just want to know about the vending machines? This is the place to ask. And maybe someone will answer. Maybe not. Maybe the whole thread will fail spectacularly. But it's worth a shot.

And uh... that's all I got at the moment. There were a couple questions from the RSCC thread I'll answer later.

Ooh, pictures!

A great view of a parking lot in Osaka!
[HIDE]
japan1.jpg
[/HIDE]

Old stuff near my house!
[HIDE]
japan2.jpg
[/HIDE]

Pond in Kyoto!
[HIDE]
japan3.jpg
[/HIDE]

Kobe at night (can't look at this for long, I get teary.)
[HIDE]
japan4.jpg
[/HIDE]

And bags of chips!
[HIDE]
japan5.jpg
[/HIDE]

Alcin91

Can i see a picture of everyday Japanese walking in the busy street?
Also,how does Harajuku looks like?How is it?

Igadevil

Mr. Kamen Rider
Can i see a picture of everyday Japanese walking in the busy street?
Also,how does Harajuku looks like?How is it?

I must have one somewhere around. I dunno, if I take pictures in the street it's usually of something specific like one of those giant LCD monitors. :laugh:

Harajuku... I've seen from the train but never needed to get off at, yet. Sounds cool though. Anyone else?

GekiBlack said:
errr .... have you ever experienced an earthquake before, iga-sensei ?

Usually small ones, I'm not in a very earthquake-heavy area, but there's some shaking at least once every two weeks or so. A while ago there was a big one way north of me that we really felt, but never anything more than some rattling (no serious damage.) Still scary but I've gotten more used to them.

Igadevil

Mr. Kamen Rider
I haven't seen that one, I'll have to check it out sometime. I currently lack a good webcam (and the free time to do anything like a Vlog) so I don't know. I have a couple crazy ideas for next year I may or may not get around to though.

Takuya

Yeah, the Vlog that RS is talking about is pretty awesome; the humor takes a while to get used to but after a couple episodes it's great. Love the Rider potato chips. ;D

I think this thread is awesome. And I'm sure I've already asked you about these, because they fascinate and disgust me so much...the used schoolgirl panty vending machines. Have you encountered one? XD

It's cool you made this thread Iga.

Nice pics. Those Kamen Rider Chips look interesting.

Question: Is Iwaki a city or a perfacture?

@Kev: Used panties?! I thought they were just panties.

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
I could answer some off your questions, I know that Igadevil wont always be on.
Some of you already know I used to live in Japan,
I dont know if i can provide pictures like Igadevil,
But i could look for some.

Ikusa

The World Warrior
That picture of Kobe is gorgeous.

I'm suppose to visit a sibling in Kobe for Christmas.

I was suppose to earlier this month, but due to family related issues, I couldn't.

It was very upsetting.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Yeah, seriously, Kobe looks like such a beautiful city, does it look just as good during the day? And living near that old shrine (?) seems like it would be really cool.
I haven't seen that one, I'll have to check it out sometime. I currently lack a good webcam (and the free time to do anything like a Vlog) so I don't know. I have a couple crazy ideas for next year I may or may not get around to though.
I think I showed you one of his vlogs last year. The dude going crazy over eating whale. It would be cool if you ever actually got a vlog going, though. :D

Ikusa

The World Warrior
I believe the second question pretty much answered it.

Prehaps because it's such a beautiful city.

It is quiet a sight.

Barashin

Lurker
Prehaps because it's such a beautiful city.

Or maybe something deeper? I was thinking it had something to do with a woman :laugh: I mean what else would a man get teary eyed about other than a woman? but yah you're right. That's a damn nice view, doesn't beat the view in Waikiki though:p I love that picture of the pond in kyoto!! Very peaceful!!

Last edited:

Miaka975

Kagayaki Power
Or maybe something deeper? I was thinking it had something to do with a woman :laugh: I mean what else would a man get teary eyed about other than a woman? but yah you're right. That's a damn nice view, doesn't beat the view in Waikiki though:p I love that picture of the pond in kyoto!! Very peaceful!!

dude man... the night view in kansai is waaaay better than the view in waikiki :p

i went to kabutoyama in nishinomiya at night...and the view there is 1000x's better than the view at tanatalus :p

Faded.Memories

Im not straight but my boyfriend is
Iga, if you could fill this request for me:

Tell me your favourite eatery/restaurant in Japan, and provide a picture of the outside and inside, and a the dish you most love eating there.

I don't care if it's a firstclass sushi bar, or a little soba restaurant that's more like a hole in the wall. I want to know! :anime:

Barashin

Lurker
dude man... the night view in kansai is waaaay better than the view in waikiki :p

i went to kabutoyama in nishinomiya at night...and the view there is 1000x's better than the view at tanatalus :p

haha you went to tantalus in hawaii? My cousin crashed his car there once!! :laugh::laugh:

Lucky bastard TT_TT!! I seriously wanna go to japan, mainly Chiba and visit a friend there! God I miss her so8(

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?