Eye See You
Seen 'em all but my favourites are the Heisei films and the Kiryuu arc from the Millennium films.

I prefer the Showa era. I find most of the Heisei era to be overrated. The Millennium Era is a mixed bag, one side GMK and the other "Megaguirus."
Showa was actually very consistent, even the lesser films being enjoyable. The stock footage movies wrecked the record, sure, but then Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus reared their ugly heads and made for two of the best films.

Hell, I think the stock footage-filled movies are still surprisingly competent given what they were going up against at the time in terms of budgets and such. Godzilla vs. Gigan and Godzilla's Revenge are two of my favorites and I find their uses of stock to be quite clever.

I'll give you "Gigan," because that movie's great one way or another. Revenge I ADORED as a kid, so there is indeed an audience for it.

I think Revenge is Honda's most underrated film by far. It's a great little slice-of-life tale that just happens to have Godzilla stock footage in it as a side-plot.

闇 戦士
The 90s Godzilla movies are among the laziest films ever produced in this genre.

I agree. They relied too much on the special effects aspect. The Showa era of Godzilla films are my favorite because they gave Godzilla more of a personality rather than a walking beam shooting brute with no fighting skills whatsoever. The Hesiei Godzilla wasnt likable at all. But ive been a Godzilla fan since I was like 5 years old so I love them all for what they are. Except for that thing from GMK: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack. That was my least favorite Godzilla of all time!:shakefist

GMK_G2_zps5e035d3f.jpg

Last edited: