I can't blame Toho for not wanting to get into the whole crossover mess.

Yeah, I could only see a crossover happening if they just teamed up against a third party. If they were fighting each other, people from both sides would haggle over how much damage does to the other, trying to make it equal.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Some fresh blood would be nice.
I would like to join and make new blood too. Problem is even if I do get around the email debacle I am still the infamous alienhulk2099.:laugh:

Alright, pertaining to the topic, anyone have a list of favorite Goji kaiju? I'll post mine later.

Also, apparently Kadokawa Pictures approached Toho for a Godzilla/Gamera crossover, which Toho rejected.
I can't blame Toho for not wanting to get into the whole crossover mess.
Yeah, I could only see a crossover happening if they just teamed up against a third party. If they were fighting each other, people from both sides would haggle over how much damage does to the other, trying to make it equal.
I can understand the thinking behind it. Gamera is a successful good Daikaiju. Godzilla has been successful as both the (anti)hero and villain of films. So make a film with Gamera as the hero and Godzilla as the villain. After all, Godzilla played the villain against Kong, and it was his most successful film. But Godzilla was still pretty new back then, and up against a much bigger star. I don't think Toho would let him lose to Gamera. So either you have to have some sort of stalemate (which makes neither of them look good), an ambiguous ending that doesn't really solve the question of who's stronger ("they just misunderstood each other; now they're friends and Gamera has convinced Godzilla not to destroy Tokyo...today"), or have them team up against someone else (which would be far less appealing to the audience than Godzilla vs. Gamera). I think the only way they could've gotten the two to encounter each other was if Toho had bought Daiei Films when Yasuyoshi Tokuma died and just have Gamera as part of the stable/family of monsters for Godzilla to go up against. Maybe have brought him in as one of the guardian monsters in 'Giant Monsters All Out Attack'?
Nearly FORTY YEARS PRIOR, Rodan - in his debut feature - was depicted flying at blinding speeds that believably ripped cities apart with the howling winds and sonic booms that followed in his wake. That in forty years, Toho could not only not improve upon those effects but actually manage to do them WORSE is downright shameful.
I think that could have been pretty much the only time they made any effort with that attack. I've seen the first two Showa Godzilla films he's been in and whenever he does that attack it's stock footage from the original solo Rodan film :redface2:

Opinions on which is the best King Ghidorah film, anyone? At the risk of being controversial, I've seen four of his seven appearances (not including the Mothra Rebirth films) and so far I've got to say, I don't really see what makes him one of The King of Monster's most popular foes :confused2

SLICE
Part of what it was and is, at least in the Showa timeline-Ghidorah was A) the most impressive and visually interesting monster they pulled off, freaking huge and complex, and B) such a badass that it always took more than one monster to bring him down, if they even could.

Remember, you could count Monster Zero as him winning the fight in the end against Rodan and Godzilla alone- he was the only one to get up and walk away afterwards.

Then there's the big hubbabaloo of Destroy All Monsters, which gets way over stated by fans, but it still took about three or so monsters to put Ghidorah down.

After DAM Ghidorah only appeared once more, in Zilla's stories anyways- Gigan, where his suit was falling apart and they couldn't do much with him, so he didn't do much.

He did get an amazing showing against Zone Fighter though, for what it's worth.

Then in the 90s he got out and out beat by Godzilla, if only because of help from the humans, then he appeared in GMK and was so watered down that he had to KEEP getting power ups and he still got murdered, and finally Kaiser Ghidorah just kinda comes out of no where and does so very little.

The ROM trilogy kinda gives him back some luster, as Death Ghidorah murders Momma Mothra and Grand Ghidorah is a straight up badass, but then that was the ROM trilogy and Ghiddy was the only good thing about it.

So yeah. It's just been a series of misuse and overuse over the years.

DAIMON PAWNCH
so... watching all 2000 + movies and Vs Destroyah, I have to say... Against MechaGodzilla is my favorite movie. Just the right amount of cheese

Skreeong!
Hey! It's Godzilla's birthday today!

We're going to need a bigger cake.

I wish other Toho Monsters got their own movie series that didn't star Godzilla or Mothra.:sweat:

*Still wishes for a King Seesar, Rodan, and Anguirus team up*

SLICE
I wish other Toho Monsters got their own movie series that didn't star Godzilla or Mothra.:sweat:

*Still wishes for a King Seesar, Rodan, and Anguirus team up*

*Looks at Rodan, Moguera, Manda, and Baragon.* Oh sure, just ignore them.