SLICE
Really even Showa Godzilla wasn't too much of our friend. He just didn't have reservations when it came to fighting evil and befriending giant robots.

Beyond that, dude was out right indifferent or worse towards humanity. Even in the most child friendly of the lot, Revenge of Godzilla, the dude was going to straight up murder the little kid-IN HIS OWN DAYDREAM.

Don't mistake Godzilla for Gamera, Godzilla never once went out of his way to save human lives. He couldn't give two shits about people.

Lurker
I love the Heisei timeline, with the undisputed best being "vs. Destroyah".

I like that, despite not being a good guy, the later movies still managed to give Godzilla noble reasons to be the "hero" of the story, Baby/Junior.

闇 戦士
Lord, there is entirely too much Heisei love in this thread. :laugh:

Not for me. I have been a fan of Godzilla ever since I was like 5 years old which basically got me into Toku and I love them both. But I do prefer the Showa Godzilla over the Heisei version. And especially that beast with the nerve to be called Godzilla from Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.:shakefist I hated that Godzilla with a passion.

The Showa era Godzilla could be ruthless when he wanted to be but he was smarter and more of a fighting kung fu master rather than a lumbering power house like the more recent incarnations.:laugh: I know this is due to the suit limitations of the newer Godzilla's but still Showa Godzilla could kick your ass literally. Godzilla really didnt become "friendly" until after Destroy All Monsters. Especially this one.

godzilla_megalon01.jpg

Either way both the Showa and the Hesei Godzilla are awesome in their own ways.:)

Super Moderator
All Out Attack was Millennium not Heisei wasn't it? (I mean it's in the Heisei era of Japan but not the continuity of the Heisei series which ended with Destroyah.)

闇 戦士
All Out Attack was Millennium not Heisei wasn't it? (I mean it's in the Heisei era of Japan but not the continuity of the Heisei series which ended with Destroyah.)

Yeah its Millennium. I was just talking about my hate for that particular Godzilla.:thumbs:

School Days
What's everyone's top 10 favorite Godzilla films?

Here's mine:

1. Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster
2. Gojira 1954
3. Godzilla Vs Biollante
4. Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla 1974
5. Godzilla Vs Destroyer
6. GMK
7. Destroy All Monsters
8. Godzilla Vs Hedorah
9. Invasion of the Astro Monster
10. Son of Godzilla (wut!:laugh:)

I'm not trying to say the Heisei interpretation of the character was bad, just that the 90s films are fucking terribly-made movies.