The future looks bright - DC announces Superman Beyond

Blue Saint

[HIDE]
[/HIDE]​

Spinning out of the recent Batman Beyond series this August is an one-shot featuring the future version of the Man of Steel. In an interesting turn the creative team is a familiar though not one you would expect to see on a DC title. Basically we get the Spider-Girl team of Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz along with Our Pal Sal, Sal Buscema, there are few creative teams that scream Marvel than this. But with this team in place the rumors of "Justice League of the future" book is seeming more likely. Also with DeFalco on board I am wondering if DC won't try to turn the "beyond" books into some more.

Skyknight

Lurker
Too bad it's just a one-shot, but nice to see Harras is offering projects out to his old buddies. Tom's a very talented guy and deserves some non-Spidey work after decades of showing Marvel how to write him properly

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Too bad it's just a one-shot, but nice to see Harras is offering projects out to his old buddies. Tom's a very talented guy and deserves some non-Spidey work after decades of showing Marvel how to write him properly
Yeah, well if this become successful; they might start with issue 1 to continue, just like they did with Batman Beyond. Who knows.

-sdp

Nube
Most people would strongly disagree with you Hidden Masta but I guess there is always someone who dislikes something no matter how awesome it may be.

The Masked Mask

a friend of justice
I'm excited for this. I've always heard great things about Spider-girl, and that cover looks great. I like oneshot comic stories and wish there were more of them. They're one of the things that I focus on collecting. An ongoing would be great too, but this is good as is.

Medivh

Hmm....I'll definitely admit this is intriguing. What interests me though is that I've heard from a long-term comic fan that Batman Inc. is supposedly meant to connect the current Batman to Beyond in terms of in-universe continuity. I'm not sure if that's true, but if it is I wonder if they'd do the same thing to this and how. Just remembering All-Star Superman there were many Supermen of the future. Dunno how they'd pull that off, really....

Latest posts

Who's on Discord?

Mastodon