CHUPA SHOTARO!
Just saw this today, but maybe most of you heard about this already.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101210/ts_yblog_thelookout/internet-rallies-behind-bullied-star-wars-girl

[HIDE]In the sort of heartwarming storyline one might expect from an elementary-school-style episode of "Glee," a 7-year-old girl has attracted an outpouring of support from Star Wars enthusiasts who read that she was being teased for her fandom.
Katie Goldman's mother, Carrie, wrote on her blog that first-grade boys at Katie's school in Evanston, Ill., were teasing her over her Star Wars water bottle because "it's only for boys." Katie (whose Star Wars enthusiasm has earned her the nickname "Little Jedi") already felt different for being adopted and for having to wear an eye patch. In response to the bullying, she asked her mother if she could bring a pink water bottle to school instead -- and then cried when her mom asked her why she wanted to switch.

Katie's story zoomed around several Star Wars message boards and sites the past month, picking up momentum as fans on Twitter sent messages of support and photos with the hashtag "May The Force Be with Katie." On Friday, 30,000 people on Facebook say they are wearing Star Wars-themed clothing in support of Katie. Even the cast of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" took notice, and sent Katie light sabers and other gear, according to CNN.
Goldman asks that supporters donate the toys to needy kids, and wrote that they are "overwhelmed" with the outpouring of support. Katie will read the comments a few at a time, her mom tells Jenna Busch in an interview published on the Huffington Post, so she can appreciate them.

In Katie's own interview with the Huffington Post, she said her favorite character is Princess Leia. "I like her because her and Luke are adopted. Leia and Luke are adopted. That's why I like Leia," she said. She also said she thinks the people encouraging her are "really cool" and says she's happy "so many people are standing up for me."[/HIDE]

Digital Artist
Can't believe that this kind of bullying still happens. I remember as a young kid and teen, we were pressured into hiding the things we like just so we can be "cool" with our peers. I hated that. Glad to see that people are supporting this girl though as I am a Star Wars fan too.

Can't believe that this kind of bullying still happens.
Remember, Humans aren't perfect and have a long way to go.
-----------

The joke is on those bullies, they're the ones who get nothing. :169:
May the force be with you, Katie :castlerock:

I was once like this girl, but I was bullied for liking Power Rangers since "it's only for little boys and childish kids" back in elementary school. I don't see how a girl liking Star Wars seems like something to tease about. it's good to see people are at her side.

Whomp, whomp!
It's all fun and games till someone gets a lightsaber through the chest.

already felt different for being adopted and for having to wear an eye patch.
Oh god that's like something out of South Park!

Goldman asks that supporters donate the toys to needy kids,
What the hell?! I guarantee that was the moms move and not the kids...

In Katie's own interview with the Huffington Post, she said her favorite character is Princess Leia. "I like her because her and Luke are adopted. Leia and Luke are adopted. That's why I like Leia,"
Well technically even those parents are dead...I know!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOT4gnRk3uo"]YouTube - The Kill Your Family Show![/ame]