The Flashback Interview: Stuart Pankin

My first exposure to my newest interview subject’s work came from the late 80s to the early 90s. I saw Stuart Pankin on both HBO’s Not Necessarily The News, where he played anchorman Bob Charles and many other characters, and ABC’s Dinosaurs, where he provided the voice of Earl Sinclair. As I grew older, I would see Stuart Pankin in movies like Love At Stake and Arachnophobia, and find him to be a very funny talent. My friend and former interview subject Kim Hopkins, who worked with Stuart in The Hollywood Knights, suggested Mr. Pankin to me as a potential interview subject and helped to connect us on social media. I spoke to Stuart on Monday, July 27th, and I hope you all enjoy getting to know him.
spipic6.jpg
Say hello to Stuart Pankin!
Stuart: Hi. There’s no one here to take your call, but if you leave a message, I’ll get back to you…No. It’s me...

Continue reading...

Staff member
I must be the only one who wasn't surprised by the Dinosaurs finale. I always assumed "since they're dinosaurs, they're probably all gonna die in the last episode." And they did. If there hadn't been an episode where they died, I would have assumed there was one in a Mandela Effect sort of way.

Joanna Cassidy is a big get. It's too bad the one with Ann Jillian must have fallen through.

The Ann Jillian interview hasn't fallen through. I sent the transcript last year to her husband/manager for proofing and corrections, but they got very busy and then had some health issues to deal with, so they haven't had a chance to do the corrections yet. I'll send them another e-mail tonight.