Yeah, I will agree with you. It is mostly the young people who take part in playing the final fantasy games, and therefore would like to use characters who are their agemets. Rarely will the elderly play the FF games.

For the fact that a very good number of people are playing Final Fantasy games are still within younger age range, it would be a bad business strategy to make the characters to be of older which would deter them from playing more.

In the US the most popular characters are Brown haired 30 year old white guys and women on her 20's with big boobs. In Japan they prefer teens. I mean even the serials targeted to adults have teenage protagonists in Japan. They find teenagers cooler.

There are some changes now though. I mean in Anime, Goku is now 40 years old.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Even adults playing the game do prefer having to game with younger characters because they are the best in my opinion when you want to have a better gaming experience. It's not that older characters aren't good but the younger they are, the more better.

Even adults playing the game do prefer having to game with younger characters because they are the best in my opinion when you want to have a better gaming experience. It's not that older characters aren't good but the younger they are, the more better.

I agree. Japan has a thing for younger leads, and the game's genre is full of action, so it's way better to go with teen characters. It serves another purpose like if there are plans to make a love story of some sort in the game. It would be a little off if the personalities involved are significantly older. You will also notice that in a lot of animes.

Off topic: Did you know that in Japan, they have this fetish over women with crooked teeth because according to the Japanese such features make women look younger, weird eh?

It is pretty much the same with picking a woman to date, the younger, the better. Haha!

Last edited:
Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I agree. Japan has a thing for younger leads, and the game's genre is full of action, so it's way better to go with teen characters. It serves another purpose like if there are plans to make a love story of some sort in the game. It would be a little off if the personalities involved are significantly older. You will also notice that in a lot of animes.

Off topic: Did you know that in Japan, they have this fetish over women with crooked teeth because according to the Japanese such features make women look younger, weird eh?

It is pretty much the same with picking a woman to date, the younger, the better. Haha!

I think that one thing that makes Square Enix to focus more on younger characters is because older characters are phasing out and the younger ones coming up. The older gamers are most likely to be replaced by the younger gamers, so building the game on old characters is a very bad move.

Administrator
Staff member
Final Fantasy characters don't really age though since they don't return unless there is subsequels.