Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Those older movies you listed might not have been great movies, but they were fun and funny to watch. The Expendables was just painful to watch.
I love those old action flicks. To me The Expendables just seemed to be a throwback to those old-school days of action with some old school guys (well...not all of them) when there were tons of explosions and South American bad guys and virtually no plot.

Ah well, I can definitely see how it wouldn't appeal to everybody.

Banned
At the very least explain why, because I sense high levels of sodium coming from you guys.

We have explained why. The Expendables was a shitty movie. I expected the quality of the 80's action flicks they were promising. Instead we get a boring, not near enough action, snooze fest. I guess it's just easy to please some people.

Pimp Robot
We have explained why. The Expendables was a shitty movie. I expected the quality of the 80's action flicks they were promising. Instead we get a boring, not near enough action, snooze fest. I guess it's just easy to please some people.

Whoa, hold up, King. While I agree that the movie was awful, it did have some good action scenes imo.

Just 'Neg' will suffice.
Honestly couldn't see what was happening action-wise half the time. That last drawn out action sequence was a complete mess. If I can't see what's going on, I'm not going to be invested and I'm not going to care.

It was honestly worse than ROTF in this regard. I just gave up and put my head back until the gunfire and explosions stopped.

Jason Statham's love sub-plot was beyond banal. Even Mickey Rourke couldn't drag it up out of the trench it was in. Dolph Lundgren was Monosyllabic.

If you've ever seen Spoony's review of it, that's a pretty good summation, for my money.

I'm not telling you not to like it, I'm just saying there was more than enough reason for me to hate it.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
We have explained why.

The first one sucked. This one probably will as well.

THAT is not an explanation.

KNegative said:
Honestly couldn't see what was happening action-wise half the time. That last drawn out action sequence was a complete mess. If I can't see what's going on, I'm not going to be invested and I'm not going to care.

It was honestly worse than ROTF in this regard. I just gave up and put my head back until the gunfire and explosions stopped.

Jason Statham's love sub-plot was beyond banal. Even Mickey Rourke couldn't drag it up out of the trench it was in. Dolph Lundgren was Monosyllabic.

That is. Thank you. At the very least I know where you're coming from.

In any case, I'm done here. Point: I liked it. Some people here didn't. Everyone has opinions. Let's move on.

Last edited:
Read my smart post
There's also talks of Bruce Willis being the villain, which I hope happens, I like how they established him in the first film. What are the chances we get Arnold in this one? He's been reportedly looking for movie roles, this blockbuster would be a great way for him to show that he's back

Banned
THAT is not an explanation.

That is. Thank you. At the very least I know where you're coming from.

In any case, I'm done here. Point: I liked it. Some people here didn't. Everyone has opinions. Let's move on.

First off no one is required to explain anything. And

Everyone has opinions? THE HELL YOU SAY :p