The Expendables 2

ForeverRed

has left HJU. Not coming back.
Finally some news....

Here's the plot synopsis for the sequel:
The Expendables are back and this time it’s personal! After Tool (Mickey Rourke), the heart and soul of the Expendables, is brutally murdered on a mission, his comrades swear to avenge him. They’re not the only ones who want blood. Tool’s beautiful young and wild daughter Fiona embarks on her own revenge mission, complicating matters when she is captured and ransomed by a ruthless dictator plotting to destroy a resistance movement. Now Barney and the Expendables must risk everything to save her and humanity.
And here's the first artwork:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GulfCoastAvengers/news/?a=37061

FreedomR8G6B1

Needs more Dolph Lundgren comedy...like this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdcgoKmr40"]YouTube - Red Scorpion (USSR Anthem by Dolph Lundgren)[/ame]

Mr G

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
:buttrock:

A throwback to the good ol' days of 80s action flicks. I love it.

Wonderwall

Webslinger
The plot doesn't sound all that great and they'll probably put most of the focus on the daughter who will try to be "cute/hot and deadly" so that the audience will have something to drool over. And on top of it all they're going for that predictable "Revenge" storyline. I'll probably watch it just to see my old childhood heroes in action again.

ShademanDS

Anti-Anti
I really like the first one, other than the crappy CGI it was good imo. I understand why it did better than Scott Pilgrim in the box office (before you get mad I saw Scott Pilgrim TWICE, bought the soundtrack, bought the game, and the blu-ray)

Mr G

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I didn't expect so many people disliked the first one. I know it has no depth and pretty much no plot, but I enjoy it for what it is: Mindless entertainment.

Do you guys who disliked The Expendables like older action flicks like Commando, Predator, Cobra, etc.? I'm just curious.

Sekiria

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
Yeah I know, for serious.

Can you guys at least for once TURN YOUR FUCKING BRAIN OFF when you watch a movie, or is that too hard of a concept for you to grasp?

I liked it for what it was, and that was mindless action. No more, no less. And yes, I will be watching the sequel when it comes out.

Senshi

Pimp Robot
Can you guys at least for once TURN YOUR FUCKING BRAIN OFF when you watch a movie, or is that too hard of a concept for you to grasp?.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PaHcZUHI00&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - Shut the **** up.[/ame]

Galaxian

Lurker
I'm actually surprised with the number of people that went to watch The Expendables expecting to have some sort of deep cinematic experience.

The movie accomplished what it set up to do, 100 minutes of mindless fun with explosions.

DekaThunder Rider

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
Here`s hoping that if Chuck Norris gets involved with the sequel,they make some sort of refrence to Karate Kommandos

Sekiria

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
Prime example, folks. Don't be salty because I'm actually pointing it out.

(Speaking of which, we need a :salt: smilie for something like that).

Sometimes you gotta go into things without having to think so much. That's all I'm saying.

DekaThunder Rider

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
My kind of entertainment is stuff like this movie.Don`t get me wrong,I also enjoy serious,thoughtful films.Hell,two of my favorite all-time movies are To Kill a Mockingbird and The Mighty.But I also like a good,leave-your-brain-at-the-door,frivolous romp,be it a film or a TV show

KingRanger

Banned
I didn't expect so many people disliked the first one. I know it has no depth and pretty much no plot, but I enjoy it for what it is: Mindless entertainment.

Do you guys who disliked The Expendables like older action flicks like Commando, Predator, Cobra, etc.? I'm just curious.
Those older movies you listed might not have been great movies, but they were fun and funny to watch. The Expendables was just painful to watch.

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
While ago my Dad bought the movie, and cause I heard it wasnt good, I tried to not watch it with him. But then I decided to just give it a few mins...ended up watching the whole thing, me and my dad loved it XD
Yeah, it's not the best film out there, but some of the parts that were suppose to be funny made us laugh, and we liked the action. Was a fun film for us, but I can understand why people wouldnt like it.

Latest posts

Who's on Discord?

Mastodon