Super Moderator
Yet another cheap shock and schlock overhyped event. Why am I not surprised that DiDio would be the one to tell him to take the RIP thing more literally. Anybody with the level of obsession with character death and gore would be better off running a horror line than a superhero one.

As for "final" crisis. ..yeah. Right.

It'll be final until the Countdown to the Prelude to the Aftermath of Interminable Crisis 52: Infinite Secret Invasions of Our Worlds at Civil War. Where the only people left in the Multiverse are Black Adam and what John's passes off as Superboy Prime. They'll fling their own entrails at each other for 23 pages a week over the course of 10 years for 5.95 an issue.

Yet another cheap shock and schlock overhyped event. Why am I not surprised that DiDio would be the one to tell him to take the RIP thing more literally. Anybody with the level of obsession with character death and gore would be better off running a horror line than a superhero one.

Yeah, but WILL IT SELL? (sarcasm)

After all, they don't seem to take chances at doing another genre in comics (like they did in the old days), because they're afraid it won't sell big, unless it has Superman, Batman, etc.

Didio, like Quesada, has no taste. They're both perfect examples of products from the cynical MTV/Beavis & Butt-Head era, which think that it's "cool" to kill these characters in a bloody, even gory way (slightly different from the dark political crap from the 80s that it all sort of carried over from). And it hasn't quite blown over. It's gotten ridiculous.

It'll be final until the Countdown to the Prelude to the Aftermath of Interminable Crisis 52: Infinite Secret Invasions of Our Worlds at Civil War. Where the only people left in the Multiverse are Black Adam and what John's passes off as Superboy Prime. They'll fling their own entrails at each other for 23 pages a week over the course of 10 years for 5.95 an issue.

Etcetera . . . etcetera . . . etcetera . . .

After all, they don't seem to take chances at doing another genre in comics
Yes they do. Why do you think DC keeps Vertigo around?

Didio, like Quesada, has no taste.
:laugh: You are blaming them for problems that started before either of them were in charge of DC. Why don't you blame any comic writer who is older than 35, they have probably contributed more to the present state than either DiDio or Quesada.

You seem to be unaware of the history of DC Comics. Crisis has always been a gimmick that DC used ever since Julie Schwartz was in charge of DC. COiE, Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis etc were not the first and definitely will not be the last. Everybody knows this.

Super Moderator
You seem to be unaware of the history of DC Comics. Crisis has always been a gimmick that DC used ever since Julie Schwartz was in charge of DC. COiE, Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis etc were not the first and definitely will not be the last. Everybody knows this.

Trust me I am aware of how DC does things. Yeah, it's a gimmick and it was an extremely tired one even before DiDio's regime decided to keep the company in a perpetual Crisis loop with more cheap shock and needless character kill-offs.

Yes they do. Why do you think DC keeps Vertigo around?

Because I'm talking about not having to ghettoize other genres to Vertigo. (True, DC does cartoon show comics, also, and that ain't Vertigo material.)

:laugh: You are blaming them for problems that started before either of them were in charge of DC. Why don't you blame any comic writer who is older than 35, they have probably contributed more to the present state than either DiDio or Quesada.

I already know the above have their own share of the blame for a stigma that has gone back as far as the Bronze Age, and got progressively worse. Didio and Quesada are adding to the problem, from a long line of "35-up comic-book writers."

Trust me I am aware of how DC does things. Yeah, it's a gimmick and it was an extremely tired one even before DiDio's regime decided to keep the company in a perpetual Crisis loop with more cheap shock and needless character kill-offs.

QFT :thumbs:

Last edited:
Lurker
You are blaming them for problems that started before either of them were in charge of DC. Why don't you blame any comic writer who is older than 35, they have probably contributed more to the present state than either DiDio or Quesada.is.

Then why arent Dido and Quesada breaking the mold? You sure love to kiss their ass, but you dont seem to catch the **** that keeps coming out of them.

It's not all bad. 52 and Identity Crisis (ending aside), for example, were brilliant and very moving. Some character kill-offs are necessary, and they provide something for characters to deal with that readers can relate to and/ or be moved by.

Comics are becoming ore and more niche. Crises and universe-wide events pull in sales.