Not to mention Clark and Lois now have an adopted son. Progression in a superhero title? Unheard of

Like Superman's death being a publicity stunt, like Cival War being a publcity stunt, like Spidey's marraige being retconned being a publcity stunt, everything eventually returns to normalcy (and Dan Slott let something slip accidently on CBR that told me BND is just an arc) eventually.

Red Robin is almost an admission of defeat by DC that Todd's return wasnt popular and they gave him a coustume and storyline that could only befit a dork

And yep, Bruce is'nt going to die

I actually enjoyed supermen's death storyline.

Lurker
I did'nt say it sucked, I said it was a publicity stunt

Anything that gives us Superman with a mullet , sow the seeds of Emerald Twilight, and Hank Henshaw can't suck

Sorry to disappoint, but he is NOT going to die. Not only has the head honchos at DC said it's not going to happen, but the Batman RIP is just a continuation of the current storyline where he gets shot in the chest and apparently meets many of the crazier Batman secondary characters from the 50s incarnation. He does "die" technically, but he doesn't stay dead.

Simple Death=Higher Sales as the Superman and Captain America death proved and comic book companies like any form of business seek to earn maximum returns on their investment.

Well to be fair, the writing side of the company tried to undo the marriage twice and both times got shot down.

Wait, so it's not really going to happen? That's a shame. I know it's a stunt, but that stunt would've gotten me to pick up a Batman comic. I haven't read one since that big earthquake that hit.

I would like to see how the world does without Bruce Wayne and how someone else would handle the mantle of Batman.

Wait, so it's not really going to happen? That's a shame. I know it's a stunt, but that stunt would've gotten me to pick up a Batman comic. I haven't read one since that big earthquake that hit.

I would like to see how the world does without Bruce Wayne and how someone else would handle the mantle of Batman.

Not well as Earth-51 proved. But seriously Keith no matter who took up the mantle you'd just cry weak sauce at the end. only Dick could really be him and we don't want that. Also with the exception of the Paul Dini issues of Detective Comcis recently....you havn't missed anything since "No Mans Land"

Actually I wouldn't call weak sauce if they chose Dick or anybody else. I'd prefer that to happen.

I'd actually pick up a comic to see what was going on. I had good times with Nightwing and he's different enough and fallible enough that it'd be interesting seeing him try to fill the shoes of Batman.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
Dick's already moved past being the next Batman to me if it ever happened. He's already carved out his own path as Nightwing. Plus, he's got enough on his plate with his own title and being part of the reformed Titans lineup that's coming up.

All the more reason that it'd be interesting to see him be Batman. Of if that's the reason why he wouldn't be, just anybody else would be interesting.

I am the law
I think it'll be Comish Gordon!
Think about it, NO one will be expecting it!!!