The CW Just Renewed Seven Shows — But Which Ones?

Staff member
For the last few years, The CW has given blanket renewals to everything the moment the new year turns over. This time, however, circumstances are a bit different. With the fate of the entire network in question, it was unknown if ANY of its programs would see another season — until today, when seven renewals were announced. Here is the list you can nervously scroll down to reveal the fate of your favorites…
THE FLASH: RENEWED
This one is the least surprising as Grant Gustin’s contract was renewed not too long ago. It’s also still the most consistently performing DC CW series, even if ol’ Flashy ran out of gas seasons ago.
BATWOMAN: NOT RENEWED
None of the “unrenewed” shows are outright cancelled, but you should take their lack of news as a bad sign. As it’s gone on, Batwoman has become more of an embarrassing mess with each episode. If this is really the end, well…bye Ryan, and don’t let the door hit you on the Bat-Butt. Hopefully Gotham Knights won’t repeat your...

Continue reading...

Resident of Bandora's Palace
I "ll be Glad if Batwoman is not renewed. It is a bad show and they should have ended it in Season 2. I hope Legends of tomorrow will at least have a Series finale. Stargirl is the best DC adaptation to date. The Fight scenes are good and they made me care about obscure characters.

CW is the least likely channel to cancel a show. A show runner have to be super terrible if they cannot get a show renewed. It is not like Netflix or Fox that cancels shows even if they are doing decent. CW have better history of renewals.

Popcorn Addict
Whatever happened to the CW Powerpuff girl show? I believe Legends of Tomorrow will still get a renewal. Batwoman needs to end because it is not worth watching.

Riverdale is a terrible show that gets worst every season and it is still not canceled. The Girls in my household are crazy about it though.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
I went through the list. The only one I'm happy about is Nancy Drew. One of my kids used to read the mystery books, Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys. The Flash will be in its 9th season? WOW! That series has done better than Legends of Tomorrow.

British Columbia Made
What is going on with CW? I use to admire them for sticking up with their show. This new administration is like Fox, Canceling shows like there is no tomorrow.