The Bubble (2022)

Administrator
Staff member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Bubble (2022)

Tagline: Where will you be when disaster strikes?

Genre: Comedy

Director: Judd Apatow

Cast: Karen Gillan, Iris Apatow, Fred Armisen, Maria Bakalova, Vir Das, David Duchovny, Samson Kayo, Keegan-Michael Key, Guz Khan, Leslie Mann, Kate McKinnon, Pedro Pascal, Peter Serafinowicz, Harry Trevaldwyn, Danielle Vitalis, Rob Delaney, Raphael Acloque, Chris Witaske, Galen Hopper, Ross Lee, Nick Kocher, Celeste Dring, Ben Ashenden, Alexander Owen, Maria Bamford, Daisy Ridley, John Lithgow, John Cena, Beck, Donna Air, Ivy Wolk, James McAvoy

Release: 2022-03-25

Runtime: 126

Plot: Sneaking out. Hooking up. Melting down. The cast and crew of a blockbuster action franchise attempt to shoot a sequel while quarantining at a posh hotel.

Administrator
Staff member
I thought The Bubble was only okay until about 2/3s of the way through when it went off the rails. Then it got pretty fun.

Don't be Jealous of my Boogie
Wish they have gone Meta and had characters play themselves instead of another character. That would have made it funnier.

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
They completely squandered this opportunity for making a film within a film more Meta. Cliff Beasts 6, on the other hand, is something I'm looking forward to seeing. I was laughing aloud for some moments. So pertinent at a time when we still equate lockdown, masks, and the wealthy Hollywood elite who dictate the world how we should live and think. Take the Oscars, for example—a brilliant film. I'm going to rewatch this.

Maria Bakalova getting a Hollywood break after her breakout role in Borat 2 made me watch this film because I want to see more of her. Pedro Paschal is a scene-stealer as always. The Tiktoker character makes sense in real life because Netflix gave a three-picture deal with a TikToker who barely knows how to act..

I am your greatest dream & worst fuggin nightmare
I enjoyed it. However, I have a few complaints. Because it was so ludicrous, it made me laugh. The best character was Pedro Pascal.

This Netflix Original would have made a fantastic six-episode limited series, in my opinion. Having it as a movie made it feel much longer, and all I wanted to do was watch 20 minutes, stop, and watch 20 minutes again.

Actors have been going through locked-in tapings since the Pandemic in my country. For six months, they won't be able to come home. They will be filming until the project ends. I am sure the actors here will be able to relate to these characters. I laughed a couple of times. The film's brilliance is that some of the behind-the-scenes moments were genuinely behind the scenes, and the cast invented their characters. The performers were having a good time, and you could see they were having a good time and being goofy when there was a lot of dread and terror. It's not supposed to be flawless or Perhaps the, but rather a catharsis and their best.

I resonate with the scenes where they dye of boredom because of the quarantine. I got positive with Covid and it was not fun.

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
The scenes where they kill off the character of the actor who quits the movie makes me laugh because they did it out of petty.

Lurker
Cliff Beast should be a real movie! I mean Dinosaurs with glowing penises and does Tiktok dances! That is Television gold.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database