ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
Speaking of which, I haven't heard about this "rapture" until just this morning, not even in my RE lessons.
No offence, but 2012 is more believable than some oncoming rapture which isn't even mentioned in a regular RE lesson.

Same here. I graduated in a Catholic School which have Religion class since pre-elementary and I never heard of that, even at least once.

The new breed.
Didn't we get a prediction before that the world would end in Y2K or Year 2000? And it didn't happen.
Of course it ended, look around you everything has gone down the tubes, i think thats enough proof for you to call it the end of life as we knew it.

It ended alright, just not how you thought it would.

Lurker
Of course it ended, look around you everything has gone down the tubes, i think thats enough proof for you to call it the end of life as we knew it.

It ended alright, just not how you thought it would.

It didn't end, its just that for most of us here who have barely lived about a good quarter of a century, finally got to be apart of a long tradition of events that have long since repeated themselves since the dawn of time.

Past predictions courtesy of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

# 1994 - Pastor John Hinkle of Christ Church in Los Angeles predicted June 9, 1994. Radio evangelist Harold Camping predicted September 6th, 1994.

He even said this: "On this day, June 9th, I will rip off the evil out of this world!" But when it didn't that happen on September 6th, they use the same tactic like the Jehovah's Witnesses did (Jesus returned, but INVISIBLY). And worse, it was also aired on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. They still get on that rather than apologizing to the people.

No offence, but 2012 is more believable than some oncoming rapture which isn't even mentioned in a regular RE lesson.

No offense but 2012 is more bogus. Or maybe you're just too fed up by Ronald Emmerich's movie.:laugh: Fact is that calendars can't predict the date of the end. The Mayans can establish a new calendar after that said calendar has expired. Even the Hindus have a calendar (4,400 years) but it was replaced.

Just like I said: NO ONE KNOWS.

Mad Skillz
Doesn't this have more to do with a calender simply rolling over and not the end of the world?

#MissionMiami
I personally believe there is no such thing as a "planned" date for something to happen.

Either something happens or it doesn't. I honestly believe people get obsessed with religion until it consumes them and they start things that will only piss off god.

160 Tornadoes ripped through the South 2 weeks ago. Was that planned? Unreal snow totals this year. Was that a calculated date? No. My point exactly.

I live in Brooklyn, NY. Last year, there was a hailstorm that happened. Only Brooklyn got it and it wasn't even in the weather reports. All weathermen were shocked by it and didn't know how to explain it.

Someday...once more
man will never be able to foretell the second coming of christ. so everytime someone claims that jesus will return, its a load of garbage. i know this to be true throughmay faith in god and god alone.

CPS

man will never be able to foretell the second coming of christ. so everytime someone claims that jesus will return, its a load of garbage. i know this to be true throughmay faith in god and god alone.

Kind of hard to foretell something that is physically impossible.

Trust No One
I find it funny where a dude from a small sect of Christianity believes he figured out the date, despite the Bible having a line "No man shall know the hour of Judgement Day" or something along that.

Either way, realistically in a world of many conflicting religions where none of them have been proven to be the truth, everyone is gonna have their own version of the end of time.

Second, the Mayan thing I believe is really about the end of an equinox where planets align at one point. Steve just never got around to making a new calender for afterwards. It's like trying to find a calender for 3000 at the calender store right now, just because it's not available doesn't mean it's the end. We just didn't make it yet.

The Mayan thing is like the whole Age of Aquarius thing which I believe was one of the many hub-bubs about the year 2000 or around that point. People just freak when one thing ends, that's it game over.

Lurker
Well looks like Asia is Finished :laugh:

Anyways am suck of this doomsayers, Harold Camping and Family Radio for Making these stupid stuff about the world end in 5/21/11 or 2012 ,it just bring fear and depression to people.Also Harold Camping and Family Radio is spending so much on Jesus arrival yet could have used that money for relief efforts in Haiti, new Zealand and Japan.

The world can end a hours or 2 weeks but don't let that get to you,Go play a video game,Go outsides and take pictures of trains and buses,Go to the movies,Your not going to live forever you know, Just live your life everyday.