The best horror games

I can recommend Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. Although it's a little bit old it still works :)

The main goal is to save a family that is trapped inside a castle occupied by vampires. Your main weapons: medieval weapons + cross, garlic, holy water.
The sound effects are great!

Yeah I played it long ago, Its quite good ,But I felt Pain killer 1 and 2 far better than "Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi".
They had better graphics and effects..

Administrator
Staff member
The Walking Dead games have been pretty strong. Can't play them before I go to bed. I get too wound up.

Cry of Fear is an amazing horror game that is free. It also has co-op so you can play with your friends. The game is a jump-scare game, and i highly recommend it.

I played a mod quite recently named ''Korsakovia'', it was quite scary and had a very interesting story :D Kinda freaky tho, but if you're into psychological horror, then you'' surely like this one. The amnesia games were pretty scary as well!

I think Amnesia: Dark Descent takes the cake as far "scariest" horror games go. Playing that game at night, with the room's door behind you, is not a good idea. But my favorite horror game would have to be Resident Evil 4. The atmosphere that game creates is just perfect, and the enemies are varied and designed very well. The priests are my favorite NPCs in the game. The sounds they make are perfectly evil. And the boss battles are some of the best ever, despite the fact that the game came out practically a decade ago. There's just something about it that hasn't been replicated since, neither in subsequent Resident Evil games, or any other games.

Not sure which is the scariest of all, I don't really play too many horror games since I scare easy. So I'm picking Silent Hill and Resident Evil (R.E. might be more of a thriller/suspense than horror though)

Oh my god. There are just so many horror video games. I don't know where to start lol. Okay, here is some games that gave me nightmares. Beware, don't play thse games if you have a weak heart -

1.) Amnesia: The Dark Descent - I don't think this game needs any introduction. Released back in 2010, it's still considered the king of horror games.

2.) Cry of Fear - A lot people don't know about this game. It's really underrated. It's a half life 2 mod which feels like a full game. Go play this game if you haven't already. The horror awaits you.

3.) Outlast - I got my hands on the demo. Let me tell you, it's going to give you goosebumps.

So, there ya go. that was my short and sweet list. There are more games, but these are my favorites.

Resident Evil, 1 & 2, Silent Hill 1 & 2, Dino Crisis, Alone in the dark - Jack is back, Quake (which somehow is horror), Superman 64 (which somehow is horror too).