I love Gaim.

I love it. Because it brings back the main thing that was missing on Kamen Rider.

Drama

Until now, the story is revolving about the mistery of Yggdrassil, Inves, and Mai (perhaps i miss something more). Fighting monsters is there just for complement.
Kamen Rider Series, starting from Hibiki until Wizard seems just following the standard formula. Fighting new monster(s) every 2 episode. Add some drama here and there. And that's it.

I lost my trust even more starting from Den-O. Although some people like it, i don't. It looks stupid. The aura of a Rider lost there.
Decade was better. Kadoya Tsukasa actually kinda cool (although he's arrogant. Which what makes him cool). Bringing new style of hero. I bet he'll get along just fine with Faiz (Inui Takumi).

And then, it goes downhill again. Following the 2 episodes formula.

Heisei rider was at his peak starting from Kuuga until Blade. Because the drama was there (notice i bold drama. Because it's the most vital thing on Kamen Rider series).

Well, that's my rant. Let's enjoy Gaim ! <3

I agree that Heisei Rider was at its peak in the early 2000s. But W and Fourze (which borrowed a lot from W) are certainly good too among the later shows. It seems that early Heisei exhausted the Agito formula and then started afresh with Den-O. By Wizard though that too had been exhausted (and Wizard did have a lot going for it that got hampered by this formula), and now Gaim is back to early Heisei style.

And it's good enough that you forget that they're a bunch of fruit knights running around. :p

Ah, yes. I too love Gaim. Kamen Riders, samurai, and well implemented drama that makes you come back to see the plot twists in each episode. :anime:

But that's a funny thing, isn't it? Drama in tokusatsu...

I've seen both sides. Some people like it in their Tokusatsu, some people don't. I really don't mind because, to me, it proves that Tokusatsu can be taken seriously and can rise above the "just for kids" label often put on it. Sure, when the toku title in question is made just for adults, like Garo, it's easy to say that Toku is not just for kids. But if all you had was the weekend morning shows like Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, it's always refreshing to see a plot that is deeper and more interesting than most people would expect. It shows the potential for greatness, if you ask me. :)

Gaim is definitely my favourite entry in the franchise since W, which was my favourite entry since Hibiki, which was my favourite entry since Agito, which happened to follow seamlessly from Kuuga, so there was no gap there.

But the odd thing is...that's still a declining scale. Gaim is just the latest in a long string of awesome Rider shows to be just slightly less amazing than the series' previous high-point for me.

The exception being OOO. Which I love unconditionally.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
Well, so far, Gaim is a SERIOUS contendor to knock W off of my all-time-favorite-spot. Never thought that'd happen.

But W is still good. It's one of the few things that has ever made me cry, and I don't cry from a lot of things.

Blade Adept
Gaim so far definitely more than makes up for the comparatively dull Wizard, and a good candidate thus far to make a beeline for W's throne for best post-Decade Rider show. Keep this up and it probably will for me.

But having said that, I don't want to be too sycophantic towards the show. I am loving what I'm seeing and I am excited to check out a new episode nearly every week, but we've still got a long way to go until the end. There's always the chance of Urobuchi somehow dropping the ball so violently that it burrows its way deep into the ground in a giant sinkhole. Or more likely, some kind of unwanted intervention from Toei execs keen to do some massac- uhh, retooling for whatever reason.

Please don't come to that. Let Urobuchi fulfill his vision of the show as much as possible. Even if the current Gaim format will be deemed a failure, at the very least let us have this one, THEN go back to whatever kind of mediocrity will be in store down the line.

Please don't come to that. Let Urobuchi fulfill his vision of the show as much as possible. Even if the current Gaim format will be deemed a failure, at the very least let us have this one, THEN go back to whatever kind of mediocrity will be in store down the line.

Let's hope kids will like Gaim, because if not, then the ratings will go down, and Toei will not be happy and will intervene.

Thank you Gaim for becoming a Rider series that I can watch with my friends again since...Kabuto

This is what I'm truly thankful for Gaim, it has a good drama that even my not a fan of toku can watch. And weirdly enough, some are even asking how will a certain fruit will turn into a Rider's armor now (like apple,pomegranate, etc). Heck, some are even surprised that a Durian is even used to become a Rider.
:laugh: