Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Netflix Made the Gen Z Meets Leatherface

Administrator
Staff member
Texas Chainsaw Massacre is now going to be introduced to the Gen Z.  The Baby Boomers watched the 1974 version which spawned  three sequels. Gen X  have 2003 remake that comes with a prequel.  The Millenials have Texas Chainsaw 3D  and the prequel Leatherface.  The Gen Z only knew Bubba AKA Leatherface because he is a DLC in Dead By Daylight.
Netflix wanted to introduce this classic video nasty horror to the Greta Thunberg generation. The Zoomers who cares about the environment and social justice.
This is not the Remake...

Continue reading...

Housewife turn criminal
So the Influencers thought they can just record Leatherface with their camera phones and have him canceled like a Karen who refuse to wear a mask?🤣 He is a cannibal with no remorse of people,he doesn't care if Twitter check marks are going to be offended.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
I watched the 1974 version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I am not one to watch scary horror movies; particularly when they are based on a true story. I live in Texas and to know this really happened makes the movie even scarier. So you can imagine how I watched this film. Half of time I had my eyes shut. LOL. I think I will pass on watching the Gen Z version.

Potato sitting on a couch
I watched the 1974 version of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I am not one to watch scary horror movies; particularly when they are based on a true story. I live in Texas and to know this really happened makes the movie even scarier. So you can imagine how I watched this film. Half of time I had my eyes shut. LOL. I think I will pass on watching the Gen Z version.
Sally, The Survivor from the first film, returned to this film. She is now an older lady but age makes her more robust, and she wanted to end Leatherface once and for all to avenge her friends. The characters of this film are not the typical teens killed in a slasher. The first victim was a kind-hearted woman who was loyal to her friends. She would be the final girl in other horror movies, but here she was, the first casualty.

True Patriot
I was rooting for Bubba during this scene because I had never seen a bunch of stupid people in just one scene. When someone with a weapon approaches you, flee! Run away and don't be stupid! Turning on your smartphone to broadcast will not speed up the arrival of the cops. They should fight back and gang up on him to destroy him. If I am one of these people, I will be grabbing weapons. This flick is a breath of fresh air. It is not pushing agendas or preaching morals in an age when Ultra Wokeness and agendas overrun entertainment media.

The film is leading in Netflix Ratings because they tried to break the norms of slashers. We got influencers,Woke Liberals and Social Justice Warriors instead of Horny teens who are in a hurry to lose their virginities. They are not the typical people killed off in slasher films.

I liked this re-quel, another "direct sequel" that retcons all other TCM films but my only gripe is that despite making the most of her role, Olwen Fouere was wasted as the elder Sally Hardesty, longing for revenge against Leatherface. Mark Burnham is excellent as the new Leatherface and that bus scene makes the film live up to its title.