Terrible Toku Talents; who's work do you absolutly hate?

I might be minor in this, but I dislike Koichi Sakamoto

Some mention has been taken by lazycoconut which is unnecessary. Other thing is I don't really like his style of filming. His view angle while taking the action scenes were getting cliche (especially the part that the character thrown sideways after explosion). And his wire-fu and explosion are overused. It might be fresh at once, but it's getting tired if it used over over and over again. What is he, the Michael Bay of tokusatsu? That is also my main gripes with western Power Rangers series, hope he didn't do much in tokusatsu.

And I don't really like Shouji Yonemura. Granted his early episodes of Kabuto is actually good, but it gets downhill and fast. Does he ever done any 'good' in tokusatsu after that?

really hate whoever's in charge of brainstorming idea from Bandai. Particularly the time of Fourze, Go-Busters, Kyoryugers and Gaim.

Fourze and Go-Busters...has potential...(save it for the adapt Saban)

Kyoryu...is kinda fun...then we have trains next year...

Gaim...FRUIT SAMURAI!!!! NO MORE FOCUS GROUPS BANDAI!!!:shakefist

Lurker
It's not quite denouncing them as heroes. There's just a line he puts in Tsukasa's mouth where he says that Kamen Riders don't fight for justice, they fight for human freedom. And I don't know why you'd bother to distinguish the two unless you're trying to argue that Riders aren't dumb ol' superheroes.

I thought you said that the Aikawa Wizard episodes defined Kamen Rider in such a way as to strip away the Superhero element from them. Or at least that's what I got from your post in the Gaim rumor thread.

Well, this is easy. Shoji Yonemura. He's a completely incompetent writer who can't properly finish his own stories, let alone those he didn't even start (Fucking Kamen Rider Decade). He has absolutely no idea how to write engaging characters and keep them engaging (I loved Tendou at first but he definitely wore out his welcome as Kamen Rider Kabuto progressed), he does an extremely poor job at shoehorning in fanservice and is far too reliant on "in-jokes" that don't even really make sense in context to the story (the entire "Super Sentai replaced Kamen Rider" thing in Super Hero War) and he's a true master of lazy storytelling.

Take everything, including the heavy melodrama in Toshiki Inoue's weaker stories (and unlike almost everyone here, I like Inoue pre-2005) and multiply them to the max and you have a Yonemura screenplay. Now THIS is a guy I can't understand why Toei keeps hiring because it's clear all his stories do is piss off the fanbases. Hell, he even botched Precure just last year. Who knows, maybe Toei is learning to keep him away since he hasn't written anything for them since Super Hero War Z under-performed in the box office. Fingers crossed.

Kamen Rider Beserker
I have said it before and no doubt will end up saying it again but whoever made the decision to make the vast majority of fight scene shaky cam style needs to be fired. Now don't get me wrong sometimes it can work and I also understand that sometimes there are no choices and they have to do it that way to get the shot they want but they have a tendency to over use it. As I said the last time I brought this up there was an episode (or one of the movies) of Fourze where he and the monster where fighting but at the same time talking and the camera was shaking so much that I had to rewatch the scene a couple of times just to make out what was happening, if you are making a scene that you have to rewatch it just to make out what was happening then you need to try a different style of filming it.

Nice post!!
I thought you said that the Aikawa Wizard episodes defined Kamen Rider in such a way as to strip away the Superhero element from them. Or at least that's what I got from your post in the Gaim rumor thread.

Well, like I said above, I dunno why you bring up the idea of Riders NOT fighting for justice unless you want to present them as something other than superheroes.

Kamen Rider Valkyrie
I am waiting for there to be a strong female Kamen Rider that isn't there for fan service or there for a movie or two.

Fan service is alright when not overblown. Nadeshiko has a nice butt, we get it, now how about stop the twirling and sparkle sound effects? Mayu would have been a decent rider, until they toss the movie Mage outfit on her, making it a waste.

It's been so many years since we've had a good female Rider, and it's so rare to see one in the show. Satonaka from OOO would have made a great Birth, since she could take down Yummies by herself, though she wouldn't really need the Birth Driver for that.

I wish we'd get a female main Rider, but I doubt that would ever happen, but I would settle for a secondary Rider or even a third or fourth Rider, as long as they are in the show and they're relevant.

Lurker
Well, like I said above, I dunno why you bring up the idea of Riders NOT fighting for justice unless you want to present them as something other than superheroes.

Sorry, I think I misread your post; I thought you talking about me somehow misinterpreting what Aikawa did with the Wizard episodes and ... well I'm not quite sure what I was thinking in retrospect.

Fourze and Go-Busters...has potential...(save it for the adapt Saban)

Kyoryu...is kinda fun...then we have trains next year...

Gaim...FRUIT SAMURAI!!!! NO MORE FOCUS GROUPS BANDAI!!!:shakefist

I dunno if that was sarcasm or not, though. But for the sake of not wanting any misinterpretation, I'll just tell what I meant clearly. If it was indeed sarcasm, just think of this as a sort form of light reading.

What I really hate about those shows are only for their absurb brainstorming design ideas that they want to incorporate to the show. For instance, who's the one that come up with the concept design of Fourze overall, the one that designed GobusterOh, Kyoryuzin, and decided to incorporate fruits into samurai theme in Gaim.

Granted, I know that designers from Toei was just doing their work from any material they are given. So I can't blame them all alone. It will be hard to make a good design when you are given a bad theme and keyword to work with. But reading Gen Urobuchi's/ Takebe's interview where it was stated that a people from Bandai came to Toei and just say 'fruits' as the theme of Gaim makes it all fit together why the design is utterly rubbish right now.

As you can see, my point doesn't touch anything regarding the plotline, character development etc. It's just wholly about the design aesthetic value. I know people say that kids doesn't give a care about aesthetic value, as long as the gimmick is interesting. But besides kids, didn't fans like us (teens, youngsters at heart, etc) also contribute to toy sales a bit? Gokai's Ranger Key, OOO's Medals, Kyoryu's Zyudenchi is a bit childish, but it still got my attention to buy them. I'm not saying for the design to be Star Wars-like, just make it not a so-obvious toys with rubbish design.

So yeah, thats my point on hating the idea-people from Banda. If only Kyoryuzin is designed with better thoughts given into it, I might get hooked onto Kyoryu's early episodes. It wasn't until PteraidenOh's debut that I really got into Kyoryu back.Sorry if this point only touches upon Kyoryuger, but it is a perfect example of a show that lost my interest solely because of the design aspect. But thanks to Sanjo's writing, I stayed watching since his writing is good.

For now, I'm not totally hooked on Gaim. The Orange Arms is a bit subtle, But Pine Arms is a perfect example of designers flipping their table over. Might have to wait for other Arms to debut to see if Gaim falls into the same category of Kyoryu. Which is kind of shame since I liked what Gaim is offering in terms of plot and storyline.

I dunno if this qualifies as a light reading....:)

I dunno if that was sarcasm or not, though. But for the sake of not wanting any misinterpretation, I'll just tell what I meant clearly. If it was indeed sarcasm, just think of this as a sort form of light reading.

What I really hate about those shows are only for their absurd brainstorming design ideas that they want to incorporate to the show. For instance, who's the one that come up with the concept design of Fourze overall, the one that designed GobusterOh, Kyoryuzin, and decided to incorporate fruits into samurai theme in Gaim.

Granted, I know that designers from Toei was just doing their work from any material they are given. So I can't blame them all alone. It will be hard to make a good design when you are given a bad theme and keyword to work with. But reading Gen Urobuchi's/ Takebe's interview where it was stated that a people from Bandai came to Toei and just say 'fruits' as the theme of Gaim makes it all fit together why the design is utterly rubbish right now.

As you can see, my point doesn't touch anything regarding the plotline, character development etc. It's just wholly about the design aesthetic value. I know people say that kids doesn't give a care about aesthetic value, as long as the gimmick is interesting. But besides kids, didn't fans like us (teens, youngsters at heart, etc) also contribute to toy sales a bit? Gokai's Ranger Key, OOO's Medals, Kyoryu's Zyudenchi is a bit childish, but it still got my attention to buy them. I'm not saying for the design to be Star Wars-like, just make it not a so-obvious toys with rubbish design.

So yeah, thats my point on hating the idea-people from Banda. If only Kyoryuzin is designed with better thoughts given into it, I might get hooked onto Kyoryu's early episodes. It wasn't until PteraidenOh's debut that I really got into Kyoryu back.Sorry if this point only touches upon Kyoryuger, but it is a perfect example of a show that lost my interest solely because of the design aspect. But thanks to Sanjo's writing, I stayed watching since his writing is good.

For now, I'm not totally hooked on Gaim. The Orange Arms is a bit subtle, But Pine Arms is a perfect example of designers flipping their table over. Might have to wait for other Arms to debut to see if Gaim falls into the same category of Kyoryu. Which is kind of shame since I liked what Gaim is offering in terms of plot and storyline.

I dunno if this qualifies as a light reading....:)

I feel more that if anything absurd is going to be used in a toku...at least, try to make it something useful instead of useless (or one shot).

Examples:

Go-Buster: If you're going to have a "Bunny-Copter"...at least have it get into dogfights while the robots are fighting...ie Airwolf, Blue Thunder, etc.

Fourze: Yuki...she's supposed to be a homage to Riderman, if you're going to do something; have Kengo build her a machine arm which is compatible with Fourze Switch and have her use Winch, Gatling, Drill, etc...just to pay homage to Riderman; instead of her collecting foodroids...at least the Disk Animal had some use in Hibiki. Same goes for Wizard's "pets"

Kyoryu: I'm sorry it went Digimon on us, so I can't think of anything at the moment.

Let's go back to Kiva...how many times has Shoo-Dran appeared?

I mean look at Taiyaki Ultimate Form from Blade...he got a good shot in against a Royal Undead and look what happened; he became a secret character in the Blade Video Game.