Terminator: Genisys (2015)

J

JoshPosh

I've been reading a lot on the next installment in the terminator series. Arnold is back again. This time he is playing a older version of the T-100 that has been on earth for decades. Apparently, the living human tissue around him has the ability to age like we do. The other cast members have been recast. So they will have the same names but is now played by different actors. I guess the original actors got old or something. But of course they have to bring back Arnold right?

I was a big fan of the previous terminator movies. So I am looking forward to this one. What do you guys think of the latest installment? Any predictions?

Here's a youtube video on what we know so far about the movie.

I've been reading a lot on the next installment in the terminator series. Arnold is back again. This time he is playing a older version of the T-100 that has been on earth for decades. Apparently, the living human tissue around him has the ability to age like we do. The other cast members have been recast. So they will have the same names but is now played by different actors. I guess the original actors got old or something. But of course they have to bring back Arnold right?

I was a big fan of the previous terminator movies. So I am looking forward to this one. What do you guys think of the latest installment? Any predictions?

Here's a youtube video on what we know so far about the movie.
I don't think it's gonna do as good as the other terminators films but I could be wrong. I'll have to wait and see what the plot is going to be, and of course the other actors.

J

JoshPosh

Arnold needs to get back in shape. Time in office hasn't been kind to him at all.
He is playing a older version of the T100 so I guess it does work with his age. I don't see them making another Terminator film without him. If they did attempt to make another, minus the former governor, I don't it would be as popular. A lot of us including myself has grown up with the Terminator movies.

I wish they would stop making fake trailers for this movie on YouTube. The only original actor will be Arnold. I watched one where they said all the original actors were coming back. That would have been awesome, but it isn't happening. The concept of a Terminator that's been in our time for years is neat. But what does a Terminator do when it isn't killing? It has been implied that they would try to die (although they can't self-terminate), because without a mission, they serve no purpose.

I really don't know how I feel about this movie. Some things about it seem really corny, while other things seem really cool. It looks like it stays try to a lot of the Terminator lore; I think I'll get a kick out of that. I've been a fan of the Terminator series ever since I was a kid so this is one of those movies that I would go out to the theater to see, even if I hear not so great things about it.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a two hour long "Hey remember this from the first movie" movie. It would be best if they kept the references to a minimum, but it feels like that might be a lot to ask for. About the worst thing that could happen is for Arnold to speak only in Terminator 1 quotes.

Sequels play on the popularity of the original. Sequels that are done many years later need to rely on that popularity even more so. That's why movies like "Dumb and Dumber To" can pick up the next installment 20 years later and make money. I am not sure that "Terminator" really ever fell out of the public's interest, but five movies might be pushing it's luck.